Hanoi's HAN Apartment: Your Dream Stay Awaits!

HAN Apartment Hanoi Vietnam

HAN Apartment Hanoi Vietnam

Hanoi's HAN Apartment: Your Dream Stay Awaits!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the messy, wonderful, and sometimes slightly chaotic world of Hanoi's HAN Apartment: Your Dream Stay Awaits! Seriously, this isn't just a hotel review; it's a full-blown, warts-and-all experience. Picture me, bleary-eyed from jet lag, suitcase overflowing with questionable souvenirs, and ready to, well, live. This place, supposedly a "dream stay," had some serious expectations to live up to.

(First things first: Accessibility – because let's be real, it's a world we all need to navigate, and it's not always easy.)

Okay, so, Accessibility. I'm not in a wheelchair myself, but I did try to scope out the situation. And while they mention Facilities for disabled guests, I couldn't pinpoint too much detailed information. So, a slight minus there. They have an Elevator, which is a huge plus in places like Hanoi (trust me, navigating stairs after pho is a workout!).

(Moving on to creature comforts, because, well, travel is hard!)

Internet Access: Okay, here’s where HAN Apartment shines. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And they provide Internet [LAN], because some of us are old school and still like a wired connection (bless you, HAN Apartment, for that). Plus, Internet services are apparently available. Didn't check them personally, but good to know. Wi-Fi in public areas worked a treat, perfect for uploading those Instagram stories of me and that suspiciously large spring roll.

Cleanliness and Safety – This is where things get really interesting, especially post-pandemic. They're clearly trying, which I appreciate. They boast Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays. They even offer a Room sanitization opt-out available, which I like; it shows they understand people's preferences. So, thumbs up for that. I didn't see Sterilizing equipment personally, but the effort is undeniable. They also claim Professional-grade sanitizing services, and frankly, I believe them. The place felt clean. It’s not sterile, just, well, CLEAN. They also have Hand sanitizer at several points, and that is truly appreciated!

And the Staff trained in safety protocol is a good point, I think. During my stay, the staff did a great job wearing their masks and keeping a safe distance.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Okay, now we're talking! Restaurants and Coffee shops on-site? Yes, please! They even have a Vegetarian restaurant, which is GOLD in a city obsessed with meat (not complaining – hello, Bún chả!). I’m a sucker for a Breakfast [buffet] or Breakfast service… and this one was the real deal (more later). You want to be happy? Get a proper breakfast in you. There’s also A la carte in restaurant and Buffet in restaurant for a wider range. They also serve Asian breakfast and Western breakfast.

Of course, it is important to take note on the Safe dining setup and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items.

Now, the real question: the food?

The Breakfast Buffet: An Ode to Pho and Chaos.

Okay, so, the breakfast buffet. It was… an adventure. Picture this: a long table laden with more delicious things than you can reasonably consume before noon. Asian cuisine stars, with pho being my personal hero. Imagine the steam, the fragrant broth, the mountains of fresh herbs. I swear, the chef must have been channeling a food deity.

The Imperfection:

Now, the chaos. It was a buffet, after all, so you're dealing with a bunch of people trying to get through the lines, to access the food, the dishes, the utensils. The staff, bless their hearts, were like graceful swans navigating a muddy pond. They’re constantly refilling, clearing up. Now and then, there's a slight language barrier ("More coffee?" "Yes… me coffee"). But you know what? It added to the charm. It was real. I felt actually alive because of a bowl of soup and a slightly frazzled waitress.

Other Food Adventures:

I sampled the Coffee/tea in restaurant, the Soup in restaurant, and the Desserts in restaurant (because, priorities!), and all were delicious. I think the Bottled water became my best friend, and for a while, I didn’t even know the water was free. Poolside bar was great for an evening drink, it was very chill and laid back.

The Rooms: Your Own Little Hanoi Sanctuary.

Available in all rooms:

  • Additional toilet
  • Air conditioning
  • Alarm clock
  • Bathrobes
  • Bathroom phone
  • Bathtub
  • Blackout curtains
  • Carpeting
  • Closet
  • Coffee/tea maker
  • Complimentary tea
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Desk
  • Extra long bed
  • Free bottled water
  • Hair dryer
  • High floor
  • In-room safe box
  • Interconnecting room(s) available
  • Internet access – LAN
  • Internet access – wireless
  • Ironing facilities
  • Laptop workspace
  • Linens
  • Mini bar
  • Mirror
  • Non-smoking
  • On-demand movies
  • Private bathroom
  • Reading light
  • Refrigerator
  • Safety/security feature
  • Satellite/cable channels
  • Scale
  • Seating area
  • Separate shower/bathtub
  • Shower
  • Slippers
  • Smoke detector
  • Socket near the bed
  • Sofa
  • Soundproofing
  • Telephone
  • Toiletries
  • Towels
  • Umbrella
  • Visual alarm
  • Wake-up service
  • Wi-Fi [free]
  • Window that opens

The room itself? Clean, comfortable, and spacious. The Air conditioning was a literal lifesaver in the Hanoi humidity. Coffee/tea maker - thank you! The Blackout curtains were perfect for sleeping off jet lag (or, you know, a late night of karaoke). Internet access – wireless was fast, so you can binge watch your favourite show.

The Bathroom was well-equipped and sparkling. The bathtub was lovely (and necessary after a day of dodging motorbikes). And, a serious shout-out for the slippers – a small touch, but it made the place feel like home.

(Now, the other fun stuff: things to do and ways to relax)

Things to do, ways to relax: Okay, on the relaxing front, Pool with view, Swimming pool [outdoor] and Spa/sauna are a good start. I didn't have a chance to hit the Fitness center, but it looked pretty decent from the outside. Also, because I'm me, I missed Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Steamroom.

Services and Conveniences: I didn't use all of these services, but it’s good to know they exist. And, you know, emergencies.

  • Air conditioning in public area
  • Audio-visual equipment for special events
  • Business facilities
  • Cash withdrawal
  • Concierge
  • Contactless check-in/out
  • Convenience store
  • Currency exchange
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Doorman
  • Dry cleaning
  • Elevator
  • Essential condiments
  • Facilities for disabled guests
  • Food delivery
  • Gift/souvenir shop
  • Indoor venue for special events
  • Invoice provided
  • Ironing service
  • Laundry service
  • Luggage storage
  • Meeting/banquet facilities
  • Meetings
  • Meeting stationery
  • On-site event hosting
  • Outdoor venue for special events
  • Projector/LED display
  • Safety deposit boxes
  • Seminars
  • Shrine
  • Smoking area
  • Terrace
  • Wi-Fi for special events
  • Xerox/fax in business center

I was really happy for the Daily housekeeping, and the Laundry service was definitely a lifesa

Escape to Paradise: Adults-Only Luxury at Hotel Finca Malvasia, Spain

Book Now

HAN Apartment Hanoi Vietnam

HAN Apartment Hanoi Vietnam

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is a Vietnam trip… lived. And it starts in the glorious, chaotic, beautiful mess that is HAN Apartment in Hanoi.

Day 1: Hanoi – Arrival, Disorientation, and Pho-natics

  • Morning (ish – let's be real, travel time is a lie): Landed in Hanoi. The airport was a blur of sweaty faces and frantic hand gestures. Navigated that… well, attempted to navigate that, and eventually found a taxi to HAN Apartment. The driver, a man of few words and questionable driving skills, kept glancing back at me, and smiled. Maybe he thinks I look lost? Or maybe my face is simply… entertaining.

  • Check-in & Apartment Appreciation (and a minor panic attack): HAN Apartment. Finally. Whew! Okay. The place… it was charming. In a slightly ramshackled, "lived-in" kind of way. Tiny balcony, overlooking a bustling street, washing lines laden with colorful laundry. Inside the room, the air conditioner sounded like a dying robot. I stared at it, wondering if I’d survive a night with that thing on. Had a quick panic attack because the air was so heavy.

  • Afternoon: Pho Quest & Street Food Survival: Absolutely HAD to find pho. Googled "best pho in Hanoi" and stumbled into the city's old quarter, a tornado of motorbikes, hawkers yelling, and the scent of a thousand delicious things frying in the air. Found "Pho 10 Ly Quoc Su" - apparently legendary. Honestly, the broth… I almost wept. It was an explosion of flavor, the noodles perfectly slippery, the meat tender. Seriously, I'd travel halfway across the world again just for that pho. I immediately ordered a second bowl and devoured it while trying to look like I wasn't a total tourist. Then I went back and ordered a third bowl.

    • Side note: The plastic stools? Surprisingly comfortable. And if you're going to be eating street food, embrace the mess. You will spill something. I spilled pho broth on my shirt, and you know what? It was a badge of honor.
    • More street food: Banh mi. Spring rolls. Fresh fruit. Everything a sensory overload. By the end of the afternoon, I’d eaten enough to feed a small village, and I was on the verge of bursting, but still, I wasn't stopping.
    • Observation: The sheer volume of scooters zooming past is something else. Crossing the street is a contact sport. You have to embrace the chaos and just… walk.
  • Evening: Beer Hoi and Cultural Appreciation (read: more eating and a slight existential crisis): Walked around Hoan Kiem Lake, watched the sunset (gorgeous!), and then hit up a "beer hÆ¡i" place. For like 50 cents, I had a pint of local beer, and ended up chatting with a whole group of locals who were all very kind. They were laughing when I tried to speak Vietnamese which only made me want to learn more. It was all a bit overwhelming, in a good way. Felt the sudden urge to write a novel.

    • Cultural Appreciation (read: more cultural misunderstandings, probably): Tried to buy a souvenir. Accidentally haggled down a silk scarf… only to realize I actually didn't need a silk scarf. Oh well. At least now I had a story.

Day 2: Hanoi – History, Coffee, and a Little bit of Lostness

  • Morning: History Lesson (with a side of "Where's the bathroom?"): Visited the Temple of Literature. Beautiful. Serene. And then I really needed a bathroom. Found one, thank God, in a tiny, slightly questionable corner of the complex.
  • Hanoi Coffee (and my ongoing love affair with it): Vietnamese coffee. Strong. Sweet. Unbelievable. I’m still not sure how they make it so good – and the egg coffee? Changed my life. Again.
  • Afternoon: Lost and Found (mostly lost): Walked aimlessly through the Old Quarter, got thoroughly lost. Got yelled at by a woman for accidentally blocking her motorbike lane. Apologized profusely (I hope), and kept walking. Found my way back… eventually.
    • Bonus Story: At one point, I saw a small dog walking down the street carrying a baguette. I will not forget that.
  • Evening: Water Puppet Theatre (and a mild emotional meltdown): The theatre. The puppets were beautiful. The orchestra? Incredible. I didn’t understand a word of the story, but I managed to piece it all together and have a few tears while watching traditional local stories being told in puppet form.

Day 3: Hanoi – Departure (with a pang of sadness, and a desperate craving for more pho)

  • Morning: Last Pho and Farewell: One last bowl of pho. Seriously, I could eat pho every day for the rest of my life. Packed my bags, said goodbye to HAN Apartment. I feel a little bit of sadness leaving it behind.

  • Departure: Made my way back to the airport. This trip was messy. It was chaotic. It was overwhelming at times. But it was also beautiful, delicious, and completely unforgettable. I'm leaving Hanoi, and I'm already dreaming of my return.

So, that's the messy, imperfect, honest truth. Vietnam? It’s a lot. But it’s worth every single thrilling, chaotic, delicious second.

P.S. I forgot to mention the humidity. It's a real thing. Prepare to sweat. A lot.

Columbus Junction's BEST Kept Secret: Your Dream Motel Awaits!

Book Now

HAN Apartment Hanoi Vietnam

HAN Apartment Hanoi Vietnam Hanoi's HAN Apartment - FAQs (My Chaotic Take!)

Hanoi's HAN Apartment: FAQs (Prepare for Honesty!)

Booking & Pre-Arrival - Oh, the Joy of Anticipation... and Possible Panic!

So, how do I actually book this place?! And is it as easy as those Instagram ads make it seem?
Okay, deep breaths. Booking… well, it *should* be easy. You've got your Booking.com, your Airbnb, maybe even a direct website if you’re lucky (and a bit of a risk-taker, bless you). The Instagram ads? Yeah, they're pretty. But the reality? Sometimes the listing looks *gorgeous* on the photos, then you get there and it's… a little less perfectly staged. Not HAN, though, for what I saw, but still… set your expectations. Check the reviews. REALLY read them. Look for things like "noisy neighbours" or "dodgy Wi-Fi." Wi-Fi is basically my lifeblood, so that’s a biggie for me. And definitely message the host *before* you book. Ask *anything* that crosses your mind. Better to be a pain *before* you hand over your money than after. Trust me on this. I mean... I booked once, and the "balcony view" was a brick wall. BRICK. WALL. My tears... they ran freely that day.
What about airport transfers? Do they actually pick you up or do you end up haggling with a cyclo at 3 am?
Airport transfers… a tale as old as time. Ideally, the apartment offers one. If they do? Take it! So much less stress. After a 12-hour flight, the last thing you want is to play "Guess the Taxi Fare" with someone who probably speaks zero English and "knows" the "best" route (which, conveniently, is the longest and most expensive). My advice: Pre-book. If they don’t offer it, organize it yourself. Use Grab (the local Uber/Lyft). It's a lifesaver. And if you *do* end up haggling with a cyclo at 3 am? Well, wear a hat. You're gonna need it to keep the sweat from your brow when they try to charge you the price of a small car. (Side note: Cyclos are fun, but maybe not at 3 am when you’re clutching your luggage and contemplating the meaning of life... or at least, your lost luggage.)

The Apartment Itself - Will it live up to the hype? (Fingers crossed!)

Okay, I’m in! What can I *actually* expect from the apartment itself? Like, details, people! Give me the dish!
Alright, alright. This is the juicy stuff. First, *size*. Is it a shoebox, or can you waltz around without bumping into furniture? Check the dimensions, if they provide them. (Spoiler alert: They often don't. It's usually something vague like "cozy" or "charming." Which could mean "small and slightly depressing"). Then, consider the *amenities*. Air conditioning? A MUST. Especially in Hanoi. Heat? Less crucial, usually. Wifi *again*! And something I always look for, a *washing machine*. Because doing laundry by hand in a humid climate? No, thank you. Trust me on this one. I once spent an entire afternoon wringing out my clothes in a dingy shower and it wasn't the "authentic experience" I was looking for, if you know what I mean. Was...was it HAN that had the machines? Ah, I'm getting ahead of myself. Check. The. Details.
The kitchen! Can I actually COOK? Or is it just a hot plate and a hope?
Ah, the kitchen. My happy place, or the scene of a culinary disaster. This depends *entirely* on how much you enjoy (or don’t) cooking. If you envision yourself whipping up amazing Vietnamese feasts, check for a decent-sized fridge, a proper stovetop (not just a sad little camping burner), and essential utensils. If you *don't* cook, you can get away with minimal equipment. The street food will be your best friend, and trust me, it's a *damn good* friend. But still... a fridge is nice for drinks, and a kettle for tea/coffee is a non-negotiable (for me). Seriously. Caffeine withdrawal is not how you want to start your Hanoi adventure. Ask the host specific questions about the kitchen. Is there a blender? Spices? What are the pots like!
What about the noise levels? Is it possible to sleep? (Seriously, I need my beauty sleep!)
Noise. Ah, Hanoi noise. It's a living, breathing thing. Think of it as the city's soundtrack. The honking, the motorbikes, the vendors shouting… it's all part of the charm (eventually). But, yes, you *do* need to sleep. So: ask about noise levels. Is the apartment on a busy street? Does it have double-glazed (or any) windows? Some places offer earplugs. A solid recommendation. If you're a light sleeper, consider bringing your own. Or, you could do what I sometimes do: embrace the chaos. Fall asleep to the symphony of Hanoi. (It took me awhile, I'm not gonna lie. The first few nights, I was a grumpy, sleep-deprived zombie. Then I adjusted. Kinda.) The location of HAN is important! See if it is tucked away in a quiet alley. Or face to a busy area!

Location, Location, Location! - Where am I, Exactly?!

How central is "central"? (Because I *don't* want to spend my entire trip on a motorbike!)
"Central" is relative, my friend. "Centrally located" could mean a 10-minute walk from the Old Quarter, or it could mean a 30-minute motorbike ride with questionable traffic. Check the map! Seriously, pull up Google Maps and get a feel for the surroundings. Look for landmarks, nearby attractions, and the all-important *street food stalls*. (A crucial factor for me.) Is it near public transport? Taxis? Or, better yet, is it walkable to the places youOcean By H10 Hotels

HAN Apartment Hanoi Vietnam

HAN Apartment Hanoi Vietnam

HAN Apartment Hanoi Vietnam

HAN Apartment Hanoi Vietnam