
Uncover Bandung's Hidden Gem: Zodiak at Kebon Jati Hotel!
Uncover Bandung's Hidden Gem: Zodiak at Kebon Jati Hotel! - A Messy, Honest Review
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to unleash a review of the Zodiak at Kebon Jati Hotel in Bandung that’s less a perfectly manicured travel blog and more a… well, a slightly chaotic, overly enthusiastic, and hopefully helpful dive into the real deal. Get ready to be bombarded with opinions, because frankly, I have a few.
First Impressions: Accessibility & Navigation… or, Where's the Elevator, Again?
Let's start with reality: finding the entrance to the hotel was slightly less straightforward than I'd hoped. Bandung, you see, is… well, it's Bandung. Navigating the streets is an adventure in itself. Once I actually located the place (thanks, Google Maps, you magnificent beast!), I was greeted with a pretty decent exterior. The entrance, however, highlighted one of the potential hiccups: Accessibility. While I didn't need wheelchair accessibility, I did notice the lack of obvious ramps and the… hmm… shall we say, spirited layout. The elevator was present, thank goodness. If you have mobility issues, definitely check the specific route beforehand. The facilities for disabled guests section on the official info isn't particularly detailed, so phone ahead.
The car park [free of charge] was a lifesaver, though! Coming to Bandung with a car is a must. I really appreciated the car park [on-site] too. Finding a parking spot on any side of Bandung is like winning the lottery, and Zodiak saved the day.
Rooms: Comfy but the Lighting? Oh Boy…
Okay, the rooms themselves? Pretty darn comfy. Air conditioning that actually worked. Free Wi-Fi, a lifeline for this digital nomad. The bed! That bed was a fluffy cloud of slumber. Extra long bed was appreciated. I swear I could stretch out AND have a nap and still be in the bed.
Now for the truth bombs. The lighting… ugh. It reminded me of a poorly lit dentist's office. The blackout curtains were definitely appreciated for when I needed to escape the Bandung sun, and there was, thankfully, a window that opens, which is a must for me. The additional toilet was nice to have.
I opted for a non-smoking room, and that was perfectly maintained, though smoking area was available for those who needed it.
The free bottled water was a godsend, too. Always crucial.
Let’s Talk Food (and Maybe Regret Some Choices):
Alright, the fun stuff. The restaurants and dining scene! The Zodiak definitely delivers on options. The Asian cuisine in restaurant was a solid choice. I loved the desserts in restaurant. Seriously, those were worth the trip alone. I couldn't resist the coffee/tea in restaurant either.
The breakfast [buffet] was… well, it was a buffet. It had your standard fare. The Asian breakfast was definitely my recommendation for something more authentic, and the vegetarian restaurant options were plentiful.
The room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver on those evenings I didn't want to move. Sometimes, you just need a pizza delivered to your room. I had one. No regrets.
**This is where my inner glutton takes over. I ate *way* too much. Multiple *restaurants* were available. This one time, I ordered some delicious noodles, but then I ordered some fried rice as well. The noodles had me in a food coma for a while, and I couldn't enjoy the fried rice. Wasted food, and I felt incredibly guilty. So, a word of advice: pace yourself!**
Relaxation Station: Spa, Pool, and the Elusive Foot Bath…
Okay, here’s where Zodiak really shines. The Spa/sauna, the pool with view, the gym/fitness, it was all pretty great, and I could tell the hotel cares about the experience. Yes! The swimming pool [outdoor] was a glorious escape from the Bandung heat. Lounging by the pool was the best way to waste time.
I was particularly intrigued by the sauna, the steamroom and the various other spa offerings. The massage I got was divine. Pure bliss. I heard about the foot bath, but, tragically, I didn't experience it. That's on my list for next time. However, the Body scrub and Body wrap were definitely worth checking out.
Cleanliness, Safety, and the COVID-19 Concerns:
Let's talk about the real deal, considering the current world situation: Cleanliness and safety were clearly a priority. I saw staff constantly cleaning, and there was hand sanitizer everywhere. The daily disinfection in common areas, the staff trained in safety protocol, and the presence of hand sanitizer eased my anxiety. It's a good sign that they offer rooms sanitized between stays and professional-grade sanitizing services. The Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. I felt generally safe there, which is huge.
Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the "Where's the Iron?"
The hotel offers a decent array of services and conveniences. Daily housekeeping was on point. The concierge was helpful. Luggage storage was a godsend, because, let's be honest, I'm terrible at packing light.
One minor gripe: I couldn't find an ironing service, and I'm a disaster with wrinkles. I hope this is something they address. The presence of an ironing facilities would have been welcome.
For the Kids (or the Kid in You!):
I didn’t have kids with me, but I did spot Kids facilities! And the prospect of a Babysitting service is always a bonus.
Getting Around: Airport Transfer and the Bandung Tango:
Getting around Bandung is… an, um, experience. Luckily, the airport transfer was efficient and saved me from trying to navigate the chaotic taxi situation. I appreciated the taxi service.
The Verdict: Is Zodiak the Hidden Gem?… Mostly!
Look, Zodiak at Kebon Jati Hotel isn't perfect. No hotel is. But it offers a fantastic mix of comfort, amenities, and a generally great experience that's perfect for a Bandung adventure. It's a great base for exploring, a haven for unwinding, and a place where you can, let's be honest, overeat delicious food.
Final Thoughts:
Accessibility: Double-check if this is a priority. Food: Eat all the things (but pace yourself!). Relaxation: Spa, pool, and… oh, the pool! Cleanliness/Safety: Top marks. Overall: Highly recommended!
So, are you ready to uncover Bandung's Hidden Gem?
Here's my totally-not-sponsored-at-all, but very enthusiastic, offer:
Tired of the Same Old Hotel Stays? Unleash Your Inner Explorer at Zodiak at Kebon Jati Hotel!
Book your stay at Zodiak at Kebon Jati Hotel today and experience:
- A sanctuary of comfort: Sink into our cloud-like beds, cool off with powerful air-conditioning, and enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Your culinary adventure starts right here: Indulge in the diverse flavors of Bandung with direct access to many restaurants.
- Escape the Everyday: Unwind at our luxurious spa, take a dip in our view-endowed pool, and melt the stress away with a massage.
- Peace of Mind: Rest easy knowing we prioritize your safety with enhanced cleaning protocols and attentive staff.
- Convenience at Your Fingertips: Enjoy airport transfers, helpful concierge services, and a range of amenities to make your stay seamless.
Special Offer!
[Insert a compelling, limited-time offer here. Examples:]
- Book within the next 72 hours and receive a complimentary massage at our spa!
- Enjoy 15% off your stay with the code ZODIACLOVE!
- Get a free upgrade to a room with a view! (subject to availability)
Ready to book your escape? Visit [Insert the Official Website Here] or call [Insert Phone Number Here] today!
Don't wait – your Bandung adventure awaits!
SEO Keywords:
- Zodiak at Kebon Jati Hotel
- Bandung hotels
- Bandung accommodation
- Bandung spa
- Hotel review
- Indonesia travel
- Indonesia hotels
- Bandung travel
- Wheelchair accessible hotel
- Indonesia hotel with pool
- Bandung hotel with pool
- Hotel with restaurant
- Restaurant in Bandung
- Bandung spa hotel
- Best hotel in Bandung
- Hotel with free Wi-Fi

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This ain't your glossy travel brochure, it's a chaotic, caffeine-fueled ramble through my… hopefully amazing… stay at the Zodiak at Kebon Jati Hotel in Bandung, Indonesia. Let’s see if I survive, or if the noodles do me in first…
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Noodle Incident (or, Why I Regret Everything)
14:00 - Arrival & Initial Impressions (AKA, "OMG, Is That a Smoggy Sky?"): Landed at Husein Sastranegara Airport. Bandung. It’s a bit… hazy. Not the dreamy, romantic haze, more like the “someone's burning tires” kind of haze. The Zodiak at Kebon Jati looked promising online, sleek and modern. Reality check? A little less… sleek. A little more… practical. The lobby smelled faintly of lemongrass and existential dread (maybe that was just me).
14:30 - Check-in Shenanigans: The front desk staff were delightful, bless their hearts. My Bahasa Indonesia is about as good as my ability to herd cats, which is to say, non-existent. Somehow, through a mixture of charades, frantic pointing, and the universal language of smiles, I got a room. Thank goodness for that.
15:00 - Room Reconnaissance & The AC's Embrace: The room? Clean! (Yay!) The air conditioning? A glorious, icy blast of salvation from the humidity. I'm already obsessed. This might be my new best friend. The TV? Well, it works, but I'm not sure what I can watch on it… all the channels are in some language I don't understand. (I tried Netflix but I'm a beginner.)
16:00 - The Noodle Debacle: Okay, this is where things went south. Starving after the flight, I decided to embrace the local cuisine. Big mistake. I ordered some "Bakmie Goreng" from the hotel restaurant. The picture was alluring. The reality? A mountain of slippery noodles swimming in a questionable sauce, with a side of what I think was chicken (I wouldn't bet my life on it). Moment of truth: I ate most of it. And now I'm regretting every single bite. My stomach feels like it's staging a full-blown revolt. The bathroom? It's my new best friend, the A/C's not so much anymore…
18:00 - Recovering & Contemplating Disaster: Currently sprawled on the bed, clinging to a bottle of water and my sanity. The noodle incident has left me questioning my life choices. Did I really just eat that? Did I enjoy it? (Maybe… for a second? Before the stomach started its war cry.) I’m hoping this passes. If not, I might need to find a 24-hour pharmacy ASAP.
19:00 - Evening Vibes (Mostly Horizontal Vibes): Decided to order room service. This time, cautiously. I chose the safest option I could find: toast. Plain, buttered toast. Am I a tourist cliché yet? Probably. Do I care? Not right now. Toast is life.
20:00 - Sleep (Forced Upon Me By Noodle-Fever…): Lights out. Praying for a stomach exorcism and a better tomorrow.
Day 2: Coffee, Culture, and Avoiding Noodles Like the Plague
07:00 (ish) - Awakening & The Aftermath: Woke up feeling… cautiously optimistic. The internal war zone seems to have subsided. Success! Shower time!
08:00 - The Breakfast Buffet & Redemption: The hotel breakfast buffet. Okay, this is where things improve. Fresh fruit, fluffy omelets (score!), and actual, real coffee. Finally! Some redemption for yesterday's culinary sins.
09:00 - Exploration Plan: Floating Market Lembang and the Tangkuban Perahu Volcano: The plan is to visit the Floating Market Lembang and then the Tangkuban Perahu volcano. I've booked a driver for the day, because navigating Bandung traffic on my own feels like a suicide mission. Wish me luck!
09:30 - Road Trip! (Bandung Traffic: The Eternal Question Mark): We hit the road, the world suddenly turning on its axis. The traffic. OMG. It's a glorious dance of motorbikes, cars, and brightly colored minibusses, all vying for the same minuscule patch of asphalt. It's terrifying and mesmerizing all at once. I think I aged a year in the first ten minutes.
11:00 - Floating Market Lembang. (AKA, The Instagram Paradise): The Floating Market! It's beautiful! Boats filled with food, vibrant colors, and way too many perfect-looking Instagram photos being snapped. After taking pictures from every angle, I can say that it's worth it! I got some fruit drinks to quench my thirst, it was delicious and pretty.
13:00 - Ascending to Tangkuban Perahu (AKA, A Mountain of Breathtaking Views and Sulphuric Smells): The volcano! The climb up was winding, and I think I suffered from altitude sickness, or maybe it was the exhaust fumes, or the fact that I didn't rest from eating too much at the Floating Market. But the view! Mind-blowing. The crater? Seriously impressive. The smell of sulfur?… Less impressive. It smells like rotten eggs and teenage angst. But the view is worth it!
16:00 - Back to Hotel & Caffeine Infusion: Back at the Zodiak! The drive back was still exhausting, and I was seriously craving coffee (still). Ordered an iced coffee the moment I came back. I can't help it.
18:00 - Dinner: Exploring the area, and I found my new favorite store: I went to a local restaurant outside of the hotel. I've found a store that sells colorful things! I want to buy everything!
20:00 - Sleep, Repeat, Renew: I am tired. I'm going back to my room. Good night, world!
Day 3: The Final Day – Souvenirs, Farewell & The Lingering Question of the Noodles
08:00 - Breakfast, The Sequel: Morning! Back to the buffet. This time I try the "Bubur Ayam" which is a chicken rice porridge. It was unexpectedly delicious!
09:00 - Souvenir Shopping Spree, Part One: Packed my bags already and spent some time buying souvenirs. I'm trying to not buy everything.
12:00 - Check Out Time: Farewell to the Zodiak. It was… an experience. The room was cozy, but there are some things to improve.
14:00 - Flight to Jakarta: Goodbye Bandung! It's time for my next adventure!
15:00 - Reflecting on the Journey: As I head to my next destination, I can't help but feel sad. Did the city make me feel too sad? Or was it the noodles? Who knows. Either way, I'm going to miss this unforgettable trip.
Postscript:
Would I recommend the Zodiak at Kebon Jati? Yes, with a few caveats. It's a decent budget-friendly hotel, the rooms are clean, the staff is super kind, and the location is convenient. But avoid the Bakmie Goreng. Seriously, just avoid it. And always, always pack some Pepto-Bismol. You'll thank me later.
And, on a final note… the lingering question of the noodles… Will I ever crave them again? Perhaps. Will I ever eat them again? Only time will tell. But one thing is certain: this trip has provided me with more stories than I can possibly remember. Now, onto the next adventure! Wish me luck!
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Vattui Beach Villa Awaits in Jomtien!
Okay, spill it! What *is* this "Zodiak at Kebon Jati Hotel" anyway? Sounds… mysterious. And is it any *good*? Be brutally honest!
Alright, alright! So, Zodiak… it's part of the Kebon Jati Hotel in Bandung. Think of it as a, well, a budget-friendly, slightly quirky, and definitely Bandung-esque kind of place. I stumbled upon it during one of my manic Bandung explorations (seriously, I get the travel bug BADLY!), and honestly? My expectations were… low. I'd scrolled through reviews, you know how it goes, and they were a mixed bag. But hey, for the price, I thought, "Why not? Adventure!"
Is it good? Depends what you're looking for! If you're after five-star luxury and pristine perfection? Run away screaming! But if you’re into experience, something that is a little different and not afraid to embrace a bit of old-school charm? Then you could be in for a treat! Especially if you're into a relaxed vibe – not the sterile kind, the *real* relaxed kind. Its just something different in the area, honestly.
Budget-friendly, you say? How cheap are we talking here? Because my bank account is currently weeping.
Weeping bank accounts? Been there, done that, got the t-shirt! Zodiak is definitely on the more affordable side. I'm talking comfortably under a million Rupiah (usually far less, depending on the season and room type). I remember snagging a room for, I think, around 350,000 Rupiah? Maybe even less. Honestly, for a clean, basic room in Bandung? It's a steal! Just check online booking sites (like Agoda or even the hotel website) and see what's currently available. Prices fluctuate like crazy, especially weekends.
But… and there's always a "but," isn't there? Don't expect the Ritz. Think more… hostel-meets-hotel. A functional room, a clean bed, a decent shower… The amenities are basic, you know? No frills, it's all very pragmatic. Which, let's be honest, is what I'm often looking for. More money for lemang!
Alright, you've piqued my interest. Walk me through the "quirky" part. What makes it… Zodiak-y? Is there a fortune teller in the lobby? Please say yes!
Haha! No fortune teller, sadly. Though that would be *amazing*. The Zodiak-y-ness comes from the whole "astrology" theme. From what I gathered, each floor *might* be themed around a zodiac sign, I think. (Honestly, I never actually confirmed which floor was which, I was too busy exploring!) There's usually some zodiac art, color schemes, and maybe even a little astrological trivia dotted around. It's a subtle nod, not a full-blown astrological immersion, don't get too excited. I think it’s mostly a vibe, a little whimsical.
There’s this one specific thing: the walls. My wall was… well, It was covered in what looked like stylized constellations and star maps. It was actually pretty cool, a welcome break from the bland hotel rooms. (Or at least better than a sad, blank wall.) Actually, one day, I did spend about 20 minutes trying to find my zodiac. I’m Cancer, and the wall actually gave me a bit of a thrill. That was probably my favorite part. The rooms have a weird charm, or at least mine did. I was feeling like an explorer.
Let's get practical. What about the location? Is it in a good spot for, you know, *actually experiencing* Bandung? Because I want to eat ALL the street food.
Location, location, location! Zodiak is pretty decent. It's in the Kebon Jati area, which puts you in reasonable proximity to a lot of cool stuff. It's a short ride (grab a Grab or Gojek) to the city center, the famous factory outlets, and the bustling food scene. Like, *really* bustling. It’s the lifeblood of Bandung, that food scene.
I remember one day, I went on this epic street food quest, and Zodiak's location made it super easy. Just a short ride and BAM! Noodles, martabak manis, you name it. It made my food-fueled rampage a whole lot easier. Transportation is key in Bandung. If you're a street food fanatic, this location is fairly solid. Probably some of the best street food in all of Indonesia!
I can definitely recommend staying around this area, but make sure to check the area yourself, cause some streets can get very noisy, and I mean *noisy*, during rush hour. The hotel's not in the *absolute* heart of all the action, but it's close enough to feel like you're part of it, without having to constantly deal with the chaos. Which, sometimes, is a blessing.
Okay, so… the rooms. Give me the nitty-gritty. What should I expect? Are they clean? Spacious? Do the showers actually work?
Okay, the rooms. This is probably where my "mixed bag" feelings come from. Are they perfect? Not by a long shot. Are they clean and functional? For the price, yes, mostly! The rooms were clean, generally. The beds were okay, not the most comfortable I've ever slept in, but definitely acceptable after a long day of exploring Bandung.
The showers… now, that's where things get a little dicey. The water pressure can be… temperamental. And the temperature control? Let's just say it’s not always consistent. You might get a refreshing blast of cold, followed by an unexpectedly steamy surprise. Bring flip-flops for the bathroom, just in case. It's not a spa experience, but it gets the job done. And hey, if you're a hardcore traveler, you've probably showered in worse!
They're not huge, the rooms. But they're not cramped either. Perfectly sized for a solo traveler, and manageable for a couple. I wouldn’t want to try squeezing a whole family in there, though. Unless you're really, REALLY on a budget! I also feel like the rooms often have a view of other buildings, which is pretty standard for a city hotel. Don’t expect a panoramic vista. Focus on the lemang.
What about the staff? Friendly? Helpful? Or are they just… there?
The staff at Zodiak were generally friendly and helpful! Nothing too over-the-top, you know? But they were polite, responsive to requests, and always greeted me with a smile. I remember having an issue with my AC (it was ridiculously hot that day!), and they sent someone up to fix it pretty quickly. I never felt like they were trying to rip me off, which, considering how touristy Bandung can get, is a massive plus!
They're not the kind of staff who will anticipate your every need. (I'm thinking of those luxury hotels where they practically read your mind.) But they will happily help you with basic requests, likeCozy Stay Spot

