
BKC's BEST 1BR Service Apartment? Florastays Mumbai REVEALED!
BKC's BEST 1BR Service Apartment? Florastays Mumbai REVEALED! - A Truthful Rant (and a Booking Plea)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to unleash on you a review of Florastays Mumbai's 1BR service apartment in BKC that's less "professional travel blogger" and more "slightly-caffeinated human who just got back from a trip." We're talking unvarnished truths, the good, the bad, and the utterly meh. Prepare for a journey, not just a rating. And yes, of course, there will be SEO, because bills gotta be paid, right? Let's dive in!
Accessibility: The Blessing (and Maybe a Curse?)
Okay, let's start with the basics: Accessibility. Florastays claims it's accessible, right? Well, I didn’t need specific Wheelchair accessible features, but the overall feel seemed pretty good. It's in BKC, so getting there… well, that depends. Traffic in Mumbai is a beast. Prepare for a battle if peak hour coincides with your arrival. Thankfully, once you are there, finding the place wasn't a nightmare, but I can feel that a little more thought into signs for the entrance, etc, would have been helpful. The building has an Elevator, which is vital. So, a solid B+ on accessibility, with room for improvement in the BKC traffic jungle. Now, does it meet the needs if you use a wheelchair? I couldn't say for sure, but based on the layout, a solid attempt has been made.
Internet: The Constant Companion (and Occasional Frenemy)
Listen, in this day and age, Internet access is a lifeline! I need it, and I need it NOW! Florastays gets a gold star for that vital Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!. And it's actually decent! I mean, I managed to stream Netflix without buffering every five seconds, which is a miracle in some hotels. There’s Internet [LAN] if you're old-school, and they also advertise Internet services, so that covers those, but truthfully, the Wi-Fi in public areas were also pretty solid. All in all, internet access was better than expected. I got to work, check out social media and basically didn’t miss a beat, so thumbs up.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Pandemic's Impact (and a Sigh of Relief)
Alright, pandemic era. This is where Florastays really shines. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Definitely check. They've really gone above and beyond with the whole Cleanliness and safety protocols. You even have the option of a Room sanitization opt-out available, which is a nice touch. The staff seemed well-trained in the Staff trained in safety protocol so that was a plus. You feel safe, which is more than I can say for some other places. But let me tell you, the Sanitized kitchen and tableware items and safe dining setup was a lifesaver. I felt like I could actually breathe easy, literally! Now, I skipped the breakfast at the room, but it’s cool that they have a Breakfast in room, or a Breakfast takeaway service.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Mixed Bag (with a Delicious Surprise!)
Okay, let's talk food. The Dining, drinking, and snacking facilities at Florastays are interesting! They've got Restaurants, and you can get Room service [24-hour], which is always a win. They offer A la carte in restaurant, etc, but I mostly relied on the room service but I did end up at the coffee shop, and that was pretty decent. They also don't provide the option of a Breakfast [buffet], so that’s something to consider. And, I would have loved to know the Asian cuisine in restaurant options, although, most likely, I would have stayed in my room! They have a Snack bar with the usual suspect, and the same goes for a Coffee/tea in restaurant. So yeah, pretty good!
Things to do, ways to relax:
I did not try any of the Things to do, ways to relax amenities. However, it's important to highlight the availability of a Gym/fitness and Fitness center so that you can keep up with your health. They also have a Spa, but I do not know if that is truly available, but you should check!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (and the Occasional Glitch)
Florastays nails this category. Daily housekeeping? Absolutely. Concierge service? Yup. Cash withdrawal? Check. Laundry service? Praise be! But I did notice that the Dry cleaning was a bit pricey, so I made a note. Air conditioning in public area? Essential for Mumbai! Everything worked like a charm, except… the hairdryer in my room was a bit… temperamental. It blew air, then smoke, then nothing. I had to call and switch rooms. But hey, things happen, and they fixed it quickly. They had the Doorman so the entire thing was a blessing in a heavily populated city. Overall, the Services and conveniences were a huge plus, making the stay a lot smoother.
Available in all rooms:
The rooms are equipped with the things you need! Air conditioning? Yes. Coffee/tea maker? Yes. Free Wi-Fi? Yes. Hair dryer? Hopefully one that works better than mine did! Wake-up service? Yes. You get the point. They’ve got everything you'd expect.
My Verdict? (The Honest Part)
Okay, here's the deal. Florastays BKC's 1BR service apartment is a solid choice. It's clean, safe, and the internet is good. But here's the thing: It's not perfect. You might face a minor hiccup here or there, but the overall experience is positive. Is it the absolute best in BKC? That's subjective, the best is what you want from it. But it's definitely a top contender.
And now… The Booking Plea!
Are you looking for a comfortable, clean, and convenient stay in BKC? Do you value good Wi-Fi, solid safety protocols, and a convenient location for your business trip or leisure getaway? If so, Florastays is a great pick. Forget the generic hotel chains. Book now and experience Mumbai in a way you'll actually enjoy!
Click here to book your stay at Florastays Mumbai BKC! And tell them the slightly-caffeinated reviewer sent you!
Penang Paradise: 10-Pax Urban Suite Oasis (UA187 WL N) — Book Now!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. This is… well, this is my attempt at surviving Mumbai, Florastays in BKC, and a whole heap of my own baggage. Let's see if I make it out alive, or at least relatively un-sunburnt and without a full-blown meltdown.
Mumbai Meltdown & Mayhem: A Florastays BKC Diary (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Chaos)
Day 1: Arrival & Existential Dread in a Luxe Box
- 10:00 AM: Landed in Mumbai. Heat. Humidity. The smell of 87 different spices fighting for supremacy. My carefully constructed "cool girl" persona immediately crumbled.
- 11:00 AM: Taxi ride to Florastays BKC. Honestly, the taxi driver navigated like he was playing a real-life version of Frogger. Every near-miss sent a jolt of adrenaline through me. But hey, we made it! And the 1BR service apartment? Fancy. Too fancy, maybe? Like living in a miniature, aggressively modern, and seriously air-conditioned box. I'm already terrified of touching the remote.
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Unpacked. Found my suitcase had a rogue banana in it. Don't ask. Briefly considered abandoning the entire trip and becoming a hermit.
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Attempted to order lunch via Zomato. The app glitched. My limited data plan gave up. Hunger pangs commenced. Realized I hadn’t eaten anything remotely substantial since… well, since that rogue banana.
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Victory! Finally managed to order a thali from a place with a promising review about its paneer. Delivered. Devoured. Felt slightly less like a dried-up prune.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Forced myself to venture out of the air-conditioned box. BKC. OMG. It's a maze of gleaming high-rises and the constant hum of commerce. Felt completely overwhelmed. Found a small, hopefully legitimate, chai stall. The chai was… divine. The perfect blend of spicy, sweet, and milky. Maybe Mumbai and I could become friends. Maybe.
- 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Back to the apartment to collapse on the overly-firm, possibly orthopedic, bed. Watched the sunset – a glorious, fiery display that made even the concrete jungle look beautiful. Briefly contemplated starting a travel blog. Immediately discarded the idea. I'm already barely functioning.
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Dinner. Ate the last of the paneer. Started second-guessing my life choices. Listened to the relentless honking of the traffic. Wondered if I'd brought enough anti-anxiety medication.
- 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Attempting to sleep. Failed. The sheer noise of the city is a weapon.
Day 2: Food, Frustration, and a Flight of Fancy
- 8:00 AM: Woke up. Felt like I’d been run over by a rickshaw. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. (Luckily, the apartment had a Nespresso machine. Small victories.)
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Attempted to explore the area properly. Got utterly, completely, hopelessly lost. Wandered into a market overflowing with vibrant colours, exotic fruits, and the intoxicating scent of flowers. Bought a bunch of what I think were mangoes. Praying they don't turn out to be poison.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch: Found a proper restaurant. Did not understand the menu. Pointed at a random picture of something vaguely promising. Ended up with a curry so spicy, my nose started running. Delicious, though. Almost worth the internal inferno.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Failed miserably in my attempts to hail a taxi. Eventually, surrendered to a rickshaw. Negotiating the price was an Olympic sport. Thought the rickshaw driver was trying to fleece me, but was also too tired to argue.
- 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Shopping. (Because apparently, I'm a masochist.) Went to a fancy mall, got overwhelmed by the sheer number of people & things I didn't need or want. Sat in a cafe and drank yet another chai, watching the world go by. Realized I was starting to actually enjoy the chaos.
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Back at the apartment. Showered. The hot water was… erratic. Like, decide-to-boil-then-freeze-you-to-death erratic.
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Ordered dinner again. The app worked this time! Ordered biryani. Ate the entire thing. No regrets.
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Sat on the tiny balcony (which, surprisingly, wasn't too noisy). Watched the city lights twinkling. Had a moment of genuine serenity. Thought, "Hey, maybe I'm actually going to survive this." Then the mosquitoes attacked.
- 9:00 PM - onwards: Watched a Hindi movie on TV. No idea what was happening, but the dancing was amazing. Fell asleep.
Day 3: Deeper Dive Into the Mess
- 7:00 AM: Woke up early feeling refreshed - this is a miracle. Realized I actually slept through the night! Feeling like a new woman.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Ate the mangoes. They were heavenly. Seriously, the best mangoes I've ever tasted. Started feeling ridiculously optimistic. Maybe this Mumbai trip wasn't such a terrible idea after all.
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Decided I was brave enough for the real Mumbai experience and took a train. The pre-trip research did not prepare me. It was an assault on the senses. The sheer number of people… the crush… the smells… it was pure, unadulterated chaos, and I loved it.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Found a street food stall. Ate vada pav. It was greasy, spicy, and utterly delicious. My stomach is probably going to hate me, but my soul is singing.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Tried to visit a temple. Got completely lost searching for it. Ended up wandering through a labyrinth of narrow, winding streets, crammed with shops, stalls selling everything imaginable, and the most incredible people-watching opportunity ever.
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Finally found the temple. Felt a sense of peace, even amidst the bustling crowds and the chanting. This is where my internal struggle between the "city" and the "chaos" began to find a truce.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Back to the apartment. Needed a serious nap. Woke up feeling a bit disoriented but strangely happy.
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner. Ordered the paneer again. Comfort food ftw.
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Made a list of things I hate: The air freshener. The lighting. The internet.
- 9:00 PM - onwards: Watched random documentaries on TV.
Day 4: The Florastays Farewell and Some Serious Soul-Searching
- 8:00 AM: Last morning. Feeling a little sad to leave this perfectly functional, if sterile, apartment. Even the overly-firm bed has grown on me.
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Checkout. Attempted to leave a decent tip for the cleaning staff. Accidentally dropped a wad of rupees, causing a small explosion of currency across the lobby. Mortifying, but at least I made someone's day!
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: One final, frantic search for a decent coffee shop near the apartment. Found one! Had the best coffee of the trip.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Bought some souvenirs. Overpaid for them. Whatever.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Taxi to the airport. Reflecting on the trip. Mumbai had been a whirlwind of sensory overload, delicious food, and moments of pure, unadulterated madness. It was a far cry from the planned, polished vacation I'd envisioned. But it was also… real. Human. And somehow, I'd fallen a little bit in love with the chaos.
- 3:00 PM - Onwards: Flight. Back home. Already planning my return trip.
**Post-
Haneda Hotel II: Tokyo's BEST Kept Secret (Luxury Awaits!)
Florastays BKC: The Truth...And a Whole Lot of Chaos. FAQ!
Okay, Let's Rip the Band-Aid Off: Is This Place ACTUALLY "Best 1BR in BKC?" What's the Hype (and the Hope)?
Alright, buckle up buttercups. This isn't a brochure. So, "best"? That's a *massive* question. Depends what your definition of "best" is, right? If "best" means 'flawlessly Instagrammable with impeccable service,' then maybe... probably... HOLD ON. Let me think back...
Okay, picture this: I booked, expecting sleek sophistication. The pictures? Stunning. The reality? Well... it was... *lived-in*. By ME. I mean, it was clean - mostly. But it had that little 'we tried our best to make it feel like a home, but it’s still a hotel room' vibe. You know? The kind where you spend the first 20 minutes just inspecting corners for dust bunnies (guilty!).
But honestly? For BKC? And the price? It *is* pretty good. Especially if you're escaping the chaos of a Mumbai commute. The location? GOLD. So, yeah, "best"? On balance, with a hefty dose of reality check applied, I'd say... *mostly* yes. Unless you demand perfection. Then you're in the wrong city. And planet, probably. But if you're okay with a few 'human touches' (like the occasional slightly wonky towel rack - I actually had one) AND the convenience of being next door to a bunch of amazing cafes... definitely a contender.
The Room: What's the Space Like, Really? Is It Cramped? Do I Have to Sleep on a Sofa Bed that's Seen Better Days?
Listen, space in Mumbai is at a premium. Let's be honest. "1BR" doesn't equal a ballroom. But! It's not *terrible*. My experience? The living area was decent-sized – comfy couch, a little desk area (perfect for pretending to work while secretly watching Netflix, or at least that's what I did).
The bedroom was... cozy. Bed was comfortable (praise the heavens!), a good-sized closet (vital!), and a window, which is critical in Mumbai. Never underestimate the importance of a window! And the sofa bed? Nope, no ancient sofa bed nightmares. The ones I saw were comfortable. Some are newer, some have aged a little quicker. It depends on the unit you get. I got lucky. Though, next time, I’d ask for the one with the slightly less springy mattress.
Bathroom? Functional. Clean. Hot water. Big tick! No, it wasn't a spa-like experience, but hey, after battling Mumbai traffic, a working shower is a luxury. And the storage? Sufficient. I even managed to unpack (mostly) and not live out of a suitcase the whole time. Success! (Also, a word of advice: pack light. Always.)
The Amenities: Do They Actually Have Wi-Fi That Works? Is There a Gym (and is it worth using)?
Wi-Fi. The bane of every traveler's existence. My experience? Mostly good. Occasionally, it would wobble. You know, that lovely 'buffering' circle of doom? But generally, it held up. I managed to stream movies, Zoom calls (with a few *ahem* moments of buffering), and actually get some work done. So, thumbs up. But don't bet your life on it being flawless. Mumbai, remember?
The gym... okay. Let's be real. I went once. It's... small. It has the essentials. Treadmill. Weights. Enough to get a tiny workout in if you're dedicated. I prefer the balcony. No, more seriously, I prefer a long walk in the morning. It was a good walk to an incredible cafe for breakfast, where I would justify my lack of a workout. I'm not a gym bunny, so it did the job. I'm just saying... don't expect a full-blown fitness center. It is what it is. But don’t let the lackluster gym make you skip breakfast, you can catch up late.
The Location: BKC. Is it Convenient? What's Around? (And More Importantly, Where Can I Get Good Coffee?)
BKC. The *location* is seriously its biggest selling point. You're in the heart of the action. Seriously. Business hubs, restaurants galore, shopping... it's all there. The cafes! Oh, the cafes! I could spend an entire essay just raving about the coffee options. And I might just. There are *so* many good ones. My personal favorite (which I am not disclosing here) is close by. Find your own!
You're close to the airport (that's a huge win in Mumbai!), and getting around is relatively easy because it's connected. And the proximity to good food is crucial. Do yourself a favor and explore. Get out there! The place itself is a little hidden which is a nice touch too. I was at least 7-10 minutes away from everything I wanted. Food, coffee, shopping and the office.
The only downside? Traffic. Mumbai traffic is legendary. But being *in* BKC makes it bearable. You're already there! The convenience of being able to walk to a meeting, a restaurant, or just a really good coffee shop is worth its weight in gold. Definitely worth the wait.
Service: Is the Staff Nice? Are They Helpful When Things Go Wrong (Because Things *Always* Go Wrong, Let's Be Honest)?
Okay, the staff. Honestly? They were lovely. They were very nice and helpful. I'm quite sure they were tired but they handled every request professionally. From small things – extra towels (which you might need, especially if you are like me and drop them frequently) – to a slightly more urgent situation (my key card wasn't working - panic! A little. Okay, a lot.). They were quick to respond, friendly, and genuinely seemed to want to help.
This is where they earned bonus points. They're not just there to hand you a key; they seem to care about making your stay pleasant. And that makes all the difference. So yeah...the staff? They're doing a damn good job. And in Mumbai, good service is a *massive* win.
My Biggest Pet Peeve/Complaint/Thing I'd Change (Because Nobody's Perfect!)
Okay, I’ll confess: the noise. I think the window had gaps. The windows could have been more soundproof. Mumbai never sleeps. And sometimes, neither do the construction crews… or the street vendors… or the… well, you get the idea. Bring earplugs. Seriously.Smart Traveller Inns

