Islamabad's BEST Kept Secret: Iqra Girls Hostel!

Iqra girls hostal Islamabad Pakistan

Iqra girls hostal Islamabad Pakistan

Islamabad's BEST Kept Secret: Iqra Girls Hostel!

Hold on to your burqas, because I'm about to spill the beans on Islamabad's VERY BEST Kept Secret: Iqra Girls Hostel! Forget those shiny, soulless hotels - this is where you actually feel something. And trust me, after this review, everyone will know about it. (Sorry, Iqra!)

Accessibility & Safety: Because Sometimes, Life is Just Hard (And I Appreciate It)

Okay, let's get the practical stuff out of the way. Accessibility… it's a mixed bag, honestly. I didn't see specific details about wheelchair access for the whole place, but they do have an elevator (bless!), which is already a massive plus in many parts of Pakistan. Safety is TOP NOTCH, though. They've got CCTV everywhere – inside and out. Seriously, I felt safer there than in, well, a lot of places. Plus, 24-hour security, fire extinguishers, smoke alarms… the works. They're really serious about keeping you safe. And that’s just, well, reassuring, especially if you're a solo female traveler like me. They even have hand sanitizer everywhere. I never felt remotely worried.

They’ve also got a fantastic doctor/nurse on call. That’s a HUGE win. I’ve had some dodgy food experiences in Pakistan and that knowing there’s someone, just in case, is a lifesaver.

Cleanliness? Oh, Honey, They're Obsessed (and I Am Too!)

This is where Iqra excels. Cleanliness is practically a religion here. And I'm all for it! They do daily disinfection in common areas. They use anti-viral cleaning products. My room? Spotless. Between stays? Rooms sanitized. They’re clearly serious about hygiene. You can even choose to opt-out of room sanitization if you prefer. The fact that this is optional shows they’re incredibly forward-thinking.

Internet: Praise Allah for Free Wi-Fi!

This is a biggie for bloggers like me: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! It was fast, reliable, and didn't cut out every five minutes like in some other (expensive) hotels here. They also have Internet access – LAN if that's your jam. And Wi-Fi in public areas. Excellent. Can’t complain there.

Rooms: Basic, But They Get the Job Done (and the Bed is Comfy)

Okay, the rooms aren't luxury palaces. But they're clean, comfortable, and have everything you need. Air conditioning, a desk (crucial!), free bottled water, and a coffee/tea maker. They also had a safe box for my valuables. Practical, not flashy. They also have:

  • Alarm clock (essential for catching early flights!)
  • Blackout curtains (hallelujah for getting some sleep!)
  • Bathrobes and slippers (nice touch!)
  • Hair dryer (thank God!)
  • Ironing facilities (because wrinkles are NOT cool!)

My bed? Wonderful. And I mean, you can't put a price on a good night's sleep.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food (and Tea)!

This is where Iqra gets really interesting. They have restaurants, a coffee shop, and even a snack bar. The Asian cuisine is delicious, especially the curries. They also offer Western breakfast and alternative meal arrangement so if you have dietary needs or just want to switch things up, no problem. But the best thing? 24-hour room service. Seriously, after a long day of exploring, I ordered a HUGE plate of biryani at 2 AM. It was divine. And perfectly safe, because… cleanliness!

  • A la carte in the restaurant: A good selection for all tastes.
  • Asian breakfast: Start your day with some amazing local flavors.
  • Coffee/tea in the restaurant: Perfect for a catch-up.
  • Desserts in the restaurant: Definitely save room for dessert.
  • Vegetarian restaurant: Lots of options for vegetarians, too.
  • Bottle of water: Always appreciated!

Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything

This is where Iqra really shines in its service. They offer:

  • Cash withdrawal: Super useful.
  • Concierge: Always helpful with directions and tips.
  • Currency exchange: A lifesaver.
  • Daily housekeeping: The place is sparkling clean.
  • Dry cleaning/Laundry service: Another huge win.
  • Luggage storage: Because packing is hard.
  • Meeting/banquet facilities, meetings, and meeting stationery: Great for businesses.
  • Outdoor venue for special events: This suggests they have great spaces.
  • Safe deposit boxes: For peace of mind.
  • Taxi service and airport transfer: Easy travel.
  • Doorman: Lovely and really welcoming.
  • Food delivery: They know what's up!

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Spa? Sauna? YES, PLEASE!

Okay, this is where I almost had a meltdown from happiness. They’ve got a swimming pool [outdoor]! And a pool with a view? Yes, please! They also have a spa/sauna and massage. Seriously, I'm still dreaming of the massage I had. The pool was a cool oasis after a day of exploring. They even offer:

  • Body scrub
  • Body wrap
  • Foot bath
  • Steamroom

Truly, it’s a relaxation paradise.

For the Kids: Family/Child Friendly

Iqra Girls Hostel is family/child friendly, offering a babysitting service and kids meal. They cater to a lot of different people.

My Best Experience (The One That Sold Me Completely):

Okay. This is the juicy bit. I'd been traveling for weeks, feeling a bit stressed and overwhelmed. I went to the spa and had a massage that was, and I don't use these words lightly, life-changing. The masseuse somehow knew exactly where all my tension was. And the sauna? Pure bliss. I spent nearly 3 hours just unwinding. It was the perfect antidote to all the chaos of my life. THAT'S when I truly fell in love with the place.

The Imperfections (Because Nothing's Perfect):

Look, it's not a five-star hotel. The décor isn’t going to blow your mind. And the Wi-Fi can be a little patchy during peak hours. But honestly? These are tiny things.

Overall:

Iqra Girls Hostel is more than just a place to stay. It’s an experience. It's a safe haven, a place to relax, and a gateway to the best of Islamabad. It's the kind of place that makes you feel cared for and, dare I say, happy.

Final Score: 9.5/10 (The half-point deduction is for the occasional Wi-Fi hiccup).


The Offer: Islamabad's BEST Kept Secret - Yours to Discover!

Tired of impersonal hotels? Craving comfort, safety, and a touch of luxury?

Book your stay at Iqra Girls Hostel and experience the hidden gem of Islamabad!

We’re offering a special package for a limited time that includes:

  • 10% discount on all room bookings!
  • Complimentary welcome drink upon arrival (delicious masala chai, anyone?).
  • Free access to the sauna and steam room.
  • Complimentary breakfast every day.
  • Exclusive access to our secret garden.

Why choose Iqra Girls Hostel?

  • Unparalleled Safety: 24/7 security, CCTV monitoring, and a dedicated team ensuring your peace of mind.
  • Exceptional Cleanliness: Daily sanitization and hygiene protocols you can trust.
  • Relaxation & Rejuvenation: Escape to our spa, unwind in the pool, and treat yourself to a massage.
  • Delicious Dining: Savor authentic Asian and international cuisine with 24-hour room service.
  • Unbeatable Value: Luxurious experience at an affordable price!

Don't miss out on Islamabad's BEST Kept Secret! Book your stay at Iqra Girls Hostel today!

Click here to book now and use code "ISLAMABADSECRET" for your exclusive discount!

(We're really hoping they don't hate us for this!)

Paranaque Beach Getaway: 6-Pax Condo w/ UNBEATABLE Ocean Views!

Book Now

Iqra girls hostal Islamabad Pakistan

Iqra girls hostal Islamabad Pakistan

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a week at the Iqra Girls Hostel in Islamabad. Forget polished brochures and perfectly planned itineraries – this is the unfiltered, chaotic, and utterly delightful truth. Prepare yourselves.

Day 1: Arrival – Expectation vs. Reality (Spoiler: Reality Wins… Eventually)

  • 10:00 AM: Land in Islamabad. Okay, first hurdle: surviving the airport. Between the "helpful" porters with price tags glued to their foreheads and the sheer chaotic energy of the baggage claim, I'm already sweating. My carefully curated "travel aesthetic" (read: slightly fashionable but comfy enough to survive a dust storm) is immediately challenged.
  • 11:00 AM: The taxi ride to the hostel. Islamabad is… green. Like, shockingly green. But also, the traffic is a beast. The driver, a chatty fellow named Asif, regales me with stories of his extended family and the perils of Pakistani politics. I understand about 30%, but it’s fascinating.
  • 12:30 PM: Arrival at Iqra Girls Hostel. Oh. My. God. The website photos? Let’s just say they were taken on a particularly good day. The courtyard is… functional. Rooms are smaller than advertised, but the air conditioning is a godsend. Plus, there's that delicious smell the hostel is well-known for. I'm going to find out what it is.
  • 1:00 PM: Settling in. I unpack with the enthusiasm of a sloth. Find my bed and flop on it for a good 10 minutes. A woman comes into the room introducing as Aisha. She is talkative and a good guide.
  • 2:00 PM: Lunch! The rumors are true: Pakistani food is amazing. I can't pronounce half the dishes, but I shovel it down with reckless abandon. I'm officially in love with naan. It's fluffy, it's warm, it's… perfect. Aisha advises me on the proper etiquette in the dining hall. (Don't be that foreigner. Don't worry, I won't.)
  • 3:00 PM: Trying to connect to the Wi-Fi. "No internet access" is my mantra for the next hour. Seriously, how does everyone else seem to be scrolling through Instagram with ease?
  • 4:00 PM: A quick wander. The hostel is a maze. I get hopelessly lost. But hey, I discover a hidden rooftop garden - a mini-paradise!
  • 5:00 PM: Attempt at writing my journal. I start with grandiose pronouncements about embracing new cultures and end up ranting about the lack of decent internet and how my bed is mysteriously missing a pillow. This is going swimmingly.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. More delicious food. More naan. More general contentment.
  • 7:00 PM: Chatting with a group of girls in the common room. I struggle to understand their Urdu, and they giggle at my attempts to speak. It's awkward and wonderful at the same time. This is exactly why I travel.

Day 2: Exploring Islamabad – Hiking, Hangovers, and Holy Sites

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up… late. That delicious but oily food from last night definitely took its toll.
  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast. More delicious food. (I sense a pattern here.)
  • 10:00 AM: Hiking Margalla Hills. Aisha and a few of her friends are leading a hike. I foolishly assume it will be a leisurely stroll. I am wrong. It's a climb, a proper hike. I'm gasping for breath after about 10 minutes, but the views from the top are ridiculous. The green, the city sprawling below… breathtaking. I'm also pretty sure my legs are going to fall off.
  • 1:00 PM: A well-deserved lunch. We descend and find a tiny little cafe. I devour the food and the conversation.
  • 2:00 PM: Faisal Mosque. Jaw-dropping. Utterly stunning. I knew it would be big, but seeing it in person… I am speechless. It's humbling, awe-inspiring, and a little overwhelming all at once. I spend ages wandering, just soaking it in.
  • 3:30 PM: The Blue Area. A shopping district and the best place to haggle with shopkeepers. I am horrible at this. End up buying a scarf for three times the price. But it's pretty, so I'm calling it a win.
  • 5:00 PM: Exploring the Saidpur Village. It's a more traditional area with old-style houses and narrow streets. I sip some chai (tea) and watch the world go by. It's peaceful, calming.
  • 6:00 PM: Back at the hostel, exhausted but happy.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. More delicious food. I'm starting to suspect I'll return home a few kilos heavier. Worth it.

Day 3: Culture Shock, Chai, and a Near-Disaster

  • 9:00 AM: The constant hustle is real. I begin to appreciate the small things -- having a place to come back to at the end of the day.
  • 10:00 AM: The chai -- it's a daily ritual. It's thick, sweet, and more addictive than I thought possible. I'm probably going to try to recreate it at home, with dismal results, but I'm gonna try!
  • 11:00 AM: We are going to the local markets! I was warned about the sellers, the chaos… and they were right! Bargaining felt like an Olympic sport.
  • 1:00 PM: A near-disaster. I spent so much time haggling that I somehow lost my backpack. Inside was my passport, money, and everything else important. I'm freaking out.
  • 2:00 PM: Turns out, Aisha found it! The relief is overwhelming. I'm hugging her, probably sobbing a little. She saved me. I am forever in her debt.
  • 3:00 PM: I need a major chill after that. I go to the rooftop garden. Breathe.
  • 4:00 PM: Learning a few basic Urdu phrases. My attempts are hilariously bad. Everyone laughs. It's a good thing they're all so patient.
  • 5:00 PM: I make my own chai. It's a disaster. Too much spice, not enough sugar. Oh well.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. I'm still a little shaken by this morning's events. I'm eating, and I can't stop rambling about how grateful I am to Aisha and how much I'm starting to love this place.
  • 8:00 PM: I watch a live music performance held at the hostel. Incredible musicians and it reminds me of the joys of travel.

Day 4: Food Adventures, Rooftop Musings, and Unexpected Friendships

  • 9:30 AM: Breakfast. The usual feast.
  • 10:30 AM: I went back to the market to buy gifts -- and I’m a better bargainer now!
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. We explore an authentic restaurant. This is the "real deal". We eat in a tiny room with no windows and the smells are incredible. I'm slightly worried about my stomach, but I'm also trying to be more adventurous.
  • 2:00 PM: Back at the hostel. I have a lot of free time on my hands. I go to the rooftop garden. I see the other girls doing their school work.
  • 3:00 PM: My new friends suggest a movie, and the movie we picked was super fun !
  • 5:00 PM: I’m learning more and more about the other girls. Aisha is studying to become a doctor. I feel incredibly privileged to be sharing all of this with this group of women.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. I feel at home. I am amazed.

Day 5-7: Farewell, and Forever Changed - (The stream-of-consciousness is running wild and the days are blurring together)

  • I spend the remaining days repeating the great things, food, chai, shopping, chats, laughter. But more importantly, my days became less about ticking off activities and more about being.
  • I sit in the rooftop garden and watch the sunset. I reflect on the journey, the things I've seen, the things I've learned.
  • I say goodbye to Aisha. It's not easy. I know she's someone I'll never forget.
  • Finally, I head to the airport, and look back one last time. I know I'll be back.
  • I'm exhausted, my phone is full of blurry photos, and my stomach feels like I’ve been on a permanent food tour, but I am forever changed. It’s
Escape to Paradise: Valerie V's Luxurious De Haan Villa with Sauna!

Book Now

Iqra girls hostal Islamabad Pakistan

Iqra girls hostal Islamabad Pakistan

Iqra Girls Hostel: The REAL Tea (and Sometimes the Dirty Dishes) 🤫

So, what *ACTUALLY* makes Iqra Girls Hostel Islamabad's "best kept secret"? Is it, like, a secret underground rave scene I don't know about?

Rave scene? Honey, no. My first week there, I thought I was going to die of boredom. No clubs, no roaring motorcycles (thank GOD), just... quiet. But the secret? It’s the *vibe*. It's this weird ecosystem where you've got girls from all over, pretending to study (mostly), gossiping, sharing chai, and secretly judging each other's outfits. It's a pressure cooker of emotions, and honestly, it's hilarious. And the food... okay, sometimes it's a gamble, like playing Russian Roulette with your digestive system, but sometimes... sometimes it's legendary. That's the "secret sauce," I think. It's a mess, a glorious, chaotic mess, but it's *home*.

Is it *really* safe? (Because let's be honest, Islamabad...)

Okay, safety is a HUGE deal. And yes, Iqra DOES take it seriously. There's security, proper gates, and the usual checks. But look, it’s not Fort Knox. Once, a cat got in and caused a total panic. *A CAT*! Literally, people were screaming, running, and hiding in their rooms. It was chaos. Hilarious chaos, but still… So, yeah, it's generally safe, but don't expect impenetrable defenses. Just be street-smart. And maybe befriend the security guard – he's got the best gossip *and* knows where the good smuggling routes for snacks are.

What are the rooms like? Cramped? Luxurious? Describe the living situation.

Alright, prepare yourself. Rooms are… well, it depends on your luck. I got the smallest room EVER. Seriously, I think my whole *life* could have been crammed into that closet, and I’d still have room for a tiny, judgmental chihuahua. Some rooms have balconies, some have decent windows. Some, (like mine) have views of the wall. The beds? Imagine a slab of cement covered in a thin layer of something that *might* be foam. But, you adapt, you learn to fold a towel and use it as a pillow. You learn to sneak in your own (much better) mattress. The best part wasn't the rooms, though; it was the late-night talks, the stolen samosas, the sharing of clothes, and the collective misery of being a student. That's what you really remember.

The food! Tell me everything! Is it edible?

Okay, the food. It's a rollercoaster. One day, a culinary masterpiece! The next? A culinary crime against humanity. There were days when I swore I'd spontaneously combust if I had to eat another unidentifiable brown substance. But then… then there was this one biryani night. OH MY GOD. The aroma alone could raise the dead. It was fluffy rice, tender chicken, perfect spices... I ate, like, three plates. Literally. I remember feeling a deep satisfaction, almost a religious experience. That biryani, that single, glorious plate of biryani, justified ALL the bad food days. It's an emotional experience, the food there. Prepare yourself.

What are the rules like? Strict or relaxed?

Rules? Oh, honey, there are RULES galore. Visiting hours, curfews, no loud music, no... blah, blah, blah. They're there, and they're *supposed* to be followed. But let's be real, most of us were masters of rule-bending. Staying out past curfew? A regular sport. Sneaking in pizza? An art form practiced with dedication. The warden knew but, and I think she secretly enjoyed the drama. It was all part of the game. Mostly, the rules are there to keep things civil, which works, surprisingly, because when you're crammed together with dozens of girls, some rules are necessary. Otherwise, complete and utter chaos.

What's the social scene *really* like? Are there cliques? Drama?

Cliques? Drama? Darling, it's a breeding ground. It's inevitable. You've got your study groups, your fashionistas, your quiet bookworms hiding away in their rooms, the gossips… It's like a miniature high school, but with fewer boys and way more chai. There's backstabbing, friendships forged in the fires of shared exams, secrets whispered in hushed tones, and some legendary arguments. You'll love them, you'll hate them, and then, when it's all over, you'll miss them like crazy. The drama is the seasoning of the Iqra experience. Embrace it. Or run away screaming. Your call.

Is it worth the money? (Because, let's be honest, student life...)

Is it expensive? Compared to living at home (if you have that option)? Yes. Compared to some other places? Probably comparable. Is it worth it? That's the tricky part. Sometimes, I thought, 'Absolutely not! I could be living in a palace for this price!' (exaggerating, slightly). Other times, when I was curled up in bed with my friends sharing a pizza and secrets... Absolutely. It’s the shared experience, the friendships, the late-night talks, and the memories. That, you can’t put a price on. It’s an investment, not just in a place to live, but in… well, surviving your student years with your sanity (mostly) intact.

What about the staff? Helpful or… well, not?

The staff… Let's just say they were a mixed bag. The warden was a force to be reckoned with; feared, respected, and secretly loved. The cleaning ladies? Bless their souls, they put up with a lot. The cook (when the food was good)? A saint. You'll have your favorites, your least favorites, and those you'll barely remember. But, the staff is crucial to making things run. They often saw more than they let on. They're a part of the fabric of Iqra. And, as I said befriending the security guard is important- he knows everything!

Any advice for someone considering living at Iqra?

My advice? Pack light… unless you have a REALLY good mattress. Learn to make friends (and make up with them after inevitable arguments). Embrace the chaos. Learn to navigate the food roulette. Don't be afraid to complain (butBest Stay Blogspot

Iqra girls hostal Islamabad Pakistan

Iqra girls hostal Islamabad Pakistan

Iqra girls hostal Islamabad Pakistan

Iqra girls hostal Islamabad Pakistan