Indonesian Island Paradise: Unbelievable Royal Suite Views! (Batam)

Royal Suites Studio 36th - Citra Plaza Nagoya Batam Island Indonesia

Royal Suites Studio 36th - Citra Plaza Nagoya Batam Island Indonesia

Indonesian Island Paradise: Unbelievable Royal Suite Views! (Batam)

Batam's "Unbelievable Royal Suite Views!" - Yeah, Right! (But Still Pretty Awesome) - A Messy, Honest Review

Okay, let's be real. "Unbelievable Royal Suite Views!" is a bold claim, even for Batam. But after a recent stay at this Indonesian Island Paradise (let's call it "Paradise," because…well, marketing, folks!), I'm here to spill the tea. Or maybe the lukewarm coffee from the in-room machine. Regardless, this is my take, and it’s a bit more… chaotic… than the brochure promises.

First Impressions Are…A Ride! (Accessibility & Safety…and the Lobby’s Vibe)

Getting to Paradise? Batam is pretty accessible. Flights are plentiful, and the ferry from Singapore is a breeze. Once you're there, the hotel itself attempts to be accessible. They list "Facilities for disabled guests" – which is good. But, let's just say, navigating Paradise in a wheelchair might require a bit more… creativity. The elevators are there, the ramps mostly exist, but things like wider hallways and truly level surfaces? Well, they’re not always as perfect as the photos suggest. (Just a heads up.)

Speaking of photos, the lobby looks AMAZING online. In reality? It's… well, it's a lobby. The staff is friendly, though, and the check-in/out process was blessedly quick, thanks to the contactless option. Which, in a world that’s suddenly germ-conscious, is HUGE. Also, the 24-hour front desk felt reassuring. Like, someone’s always there to rescue you if you accidentally lock yourself in the bathroom, which… speaking from experience that’s a valuable service.

Safety-wise? They've got the basics covered. CCTV everywhere. Fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, the usual. But hey, if you're like me, you're always a little paranoid.

The Room: Royal Suite? Let’s Discuss “Suite”

Now, the Royal Suite. This is where the "Unbelievable Views!" part comes in. And I gotta say, the view is seriously good. Huge windows overlooking the ocean? Check. Beautiful sunsets? Double check, almost every day!

The room itself? It's spacious, no doubt. King-sized bed? Yep. But, let's be real… the "Royal" part might be a tad exaggerated. The decor is nice, but a little… generic hotel-y. Think beige, with a smattering of tropical-esque prints.

Here's where it gets real, though.

  • Internet: Wi-Fi, free, in all rooms, right? YES! And it actually worked! Reliable enough for streaming some Netflix (hello, late-night binge-watching!), and even for a few work emails (boo!). However, the LAN connection, didn't test it, but it's mentioned.
  • Extras: Coffee/tea maker? Check. Bathrobes and slippers (a must-have)? Double check! Blackout curtains? Blissfully effective. The mini-bar, however, was a bit… pricey. And the free bottled water? A lifesaver in the Batam heat. But in the room at first, then, you had to ask.
  • Annoyance: The air conditioning was a bit of a beast. Either freezing or stuffy. But hey, that's just my petty side coming out.

Food, Glorious (and Sometimes Questionable) Food!

The food situation at Paradise is… a rollercoaster.

  • Breakfast: The BEST part! The buffet was decent! Asian breakfast? Check! Western breakfast? Check! The omelets were pretty good, and the fresh fruit was a welcome sight. The breakfast in room and breakfast takeaway service are good options.
  • Restaurants: The restaurants (they had several) were hit-or-miss. The Asian cuisine was often delicious! The international food, not so much. I'm talking about a burger that tasted… suspiciously like it had been microwaved. Stick to the local fare, trust me.
  • The Bar: Happy hour was a welcome oasis. The poolside bar good for a quick drink. The drinks were strong, and the atmosphere was lively!
  • Snack Bar and Coffee Shop: They had these options too, which were great for a quick bite or a caffeine fix.

Relaxation & Pampering…or, My Failed Attempt to Zen Out

Paradise definitely knows how to cater to the chillax crowd.

  • Pools: The outdoor pool was stunning! The pool with view was what you’re there for.
  • Spa: I attempted to experience the spa. Attempted. I mean, a massage sounds heavenly, right? Well, the massage was… okay. It didn't really hit the spot. Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom were available.
  • Fitness Center: Okay, the gym? Actually pretty good. Clean, well-equipped, and with a view!
  • The Rest: Foot bath, Gym/fitness.

Things To Do (Beyond the View)

Batam itself has a bunch to offer.

  • Things To do: The hotel has a shrine in the property! But they mostly have the usual touristy stuff. Car park, taxi service, valet parking.
  • Business: They had business facilities, Meetings, Meeting/banquet facilities, Seminars, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center, Projector/LED display, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Invoice provided.
  • Shopping: Gift/souvenir shop available.
  • Getting around Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking.

Cleanliness & Safety - The COVID Factor

Okay, let's talk COVID. This is a big one.

  • Good: They were taking things seriously. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Anti-viral cleaning products. Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays.
  • More Good: Staff trained in safety protocol. Safe dining setup. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. Individually wrapped food options. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter was observed.
  • Meh: Room sanitization opt-out available (good!).

The Verdict (and My Honest Recommendation)

So, is Indonesian Island Paradise: Unbelievable Royal Suite Views! (Batam) truly "unbelievable"? Not quite. Is it perfect? Nope. Is it still a pretty darn good place to stay, especially if you snag a room with that ocean view? Absolutely.

My Recommendation:

Book this hotel if: you're looking for a relaxing getaway with stunning views and solid amenities, and you're not overly bothered by a few minor imperfections. The view alone makes it worth it (and you might win a few friends playing the "unbelievable" card). Don't book if: you're expecting absolute perfection, a Michelin-starred dining experience, or the ability to navigate a building with absolute ease, if you rely on a wheelchair.

Final Grade: A solid 7.5/10. Would recommend, with caveats.

And Now, For The Persuasive Offer That's Actually Persuasive (And Doesn't Sound Like Marketing Bullcrap)

Tired of the Mundane? Crave a Real Escape?

Let's be honest: your life is probably stressful. So, give yourself a break. Book a stay at Indonesian Island Paradise – Batam and experience the "Unbelievable Royal Suite Views!" (Yeah, yeah, I know, the marketing is a little over the top.) But trust me. That view from your private balcony will melt your stress away faster than a popsicle in the Batam sun. We also have a good pool to cool you on as well.

Here's why you should BOOK RIGHT NOW:

  • That View: Seriously. Imagine waking up to a sunrise over the ocean every single morning. Instagram-worthy, relaxation-inducing, and just plain gorgeous.
  • The Poolside Bliss: Spend your days lounging by the outdoor pool, sipping cocktails, and letting your worries drift away with the tide.
  • The Food (and the Drinks): Indulge in delicious Asian cuisine, enjoy a beer or cocktail!
  • Safety First: We're taking COVID seriously, so you can relax and enjoy your stay with peace of mind.

Plus, for a limited time, when you book your suite, you'll receive!

  • A complimentary bottle of wine and a welcome fruit platter upon arrival.
  • Free Wi-Fi - because you need to brag about your trip to all your friends!

Stop dreaming and start booking! Head over to our website (or call us…we're friendly people) and reserve your spot in paradise. We're waiting to welcome you to Batam!

Escape to Paradise: Your Modern Kellenhusen (Ostsee) Retreat Awaits!

Book Now

Royal Suites Studio 36th - Citra Plaza Nagoya Batam Island Indonesia

Royal Suites Studio 36th - Citra Plaza Nagoya Batam Island Indonesia

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's pristine itinerary. This is the real deal, a Batam adventure from the Royal Suites Studio 36th floor, Citra Plaza Nagoya edition, and trust me, it's gonna be a glorious, chaotic mess. Let's just get this thing rolling…

Batam Bonanza: A (Mostly) Honest Traveler's Tale

Day 1: Arrival, Aircon Bliss, and a Slightly Disappointing Noodle Incident

  • Morning (or, uh, Whenever I Woke Up): Arrived at Hang Nadim Airport. The humidity hit me like a warm, sweaty hug. Not the worst welcome, I guess. Immigration was a breeze, which was a pleasant surprise. Grabbed a taxi - bargain hard, folks! They’ll try to fleece you. I ended up paying a little more than I should have, but whatever, let's blame jet lag.
  • Mid-Morning: Checked into the Royal Suites Studio on the 36th floor. Woah. The view was… well, it was something. (More on that later). Room was decent, aircon blasting like a hurricane. Absolute heaven after the muggy airport. Immediately collapsed on the bed and briefly considered staying there for the next three days. The little kitchenette looked promising, but the lack of a coffee maker was already a minor tragedy. First imperfection, folks.
  • Lunch: Ventured out in search of REAL Indonesian food. Found a little warung (local eatery) a few blocks away. Ordered something that looked vaguely like noodles. It was… fine. Bland, actually. Definitely needed a LOT of chili sauce. Note to self: pack emergency chili sauce for future trips.
  • Afternoon: Explored the Citra Plaza Nagoya area. Found a sprawling mall. I mean, it's a mall. Nothing particularly special, but air conditioning! Did some window shopping, mostly trying to figure out what the heck all those gadgets in the phone shops were. Lost my will to live after an hour wandering around.
  • Evening: Trying to watch a movie on the TV in my room, but the cable was a confusing mess of channels. Gave up and watched a bit of the view from my window, which was now a stunning display of lights from the city and surrounding buildings. Finally, ordered some food delivery. They got my order wrong. Sigh…

Day 2: Ferry to the Sea, Seafood Shenanigans, and Shopping Mayhem!

  • Morning: Decided I needed to embrace the island vibe. Booked a ferry to a nearby island (Barelang bridges, I think?) – the internet said it was a thing. Got to the ferry terminal. The lines were long, the heat was intense, and I started to understand why people love air conditioning SO much.
  • Mid-Morning: The ferry ride itself was…okay. A bit rough, I’m not going to lie. Tried to take some photos, but the spray kept fogging up my lens. Arrived at the island, which, to be fair, was pretty. Bridges were cool. Took some photos. Felt like a proper tourist.
  • Lunch: Seafood lunch with a panoramic view on a deck on the pier. The setting was perfect. Fresh coconut water dripping down my chin, and the seafood platter was a symphony of grilled delights. (I'm not sure what types of fish it was. Some of them had really weird names. I just ate with gusto, ok?). Best meal of the trip, hands down. I even managed to de-bone a fish with relative grace, a personal victory. The only minor annoyance was the persistent flies. Kept swatting, but it was the only thing that slightly spoiled the moment.
  • Afternoon: Back to Nagoya to have a shopping spree. This is where things got…interesting. Found some street vendors selling fake designer bags, which, admittedly, were tempting. Haggled like a pro (or, at least, I thought I was). Probably overpaid anyway. Ended up with a bag that will inevitably fall apart in a week, but hey, the experience was worth it. Had a little bit of a meltdown in a clothing store because everything was too small. This is why I don't normally do shopping.
  • Evening: The view was as good as day 1. Tried to order dinner from a different place this time, and they got it wrong again. How does this keep happening?! Was too tired to complain. I ate the food.

Day 3: Spa Day (Hallelujah!), Massage Madness, and Farewell Feast (or, I hope so!)

  • Morning: The spa was a solid win. Deep tissue massage, followed by a facial. I emerged feeling like a whole new human. Honestly, worth the entire trip just for that. The masseuse even managed to untangle the knots in my shoulders that I didn’t even know were there. The zen vibes were REAL.
  • Mid-Morning: Spent an hour in the sauna, trying to sweat out all the questionable food and life choices. Then, I just stood under the cold shower and reevaluated my life. It was glorious.
  • Lunch: Finally found a decent coffee shop near Citra Plaza. The coffee was strong, the sandwiches were delicious. Small victories!
  • Afternoon: Back in the room now. Relaxing, packing, and staring at the view. What do I do with all this stuff I bought? Is it worth it? Probably not, but who cares!?
  • Evening: Farewell dinner. I'm not sure, but I swear its a different restaurant this time. Ordered something that sounded fancy. Crossing my fingers that this is the culinary crescendo the trip needs. Still waiting…

Reflections (and Ramblings):

  • The View: The 36th-floor angle from the royal suites was awesome! The city glittered at night, but during the day, it was mostly just buildings and a hazy horizon.
  • The Food: Hit or miss, mostly miss. But hey, that's the adventure, right?
  • The People: Super friendly, helpful (mostly). The language barrier was a challenge, but body language and smiles go a long way.
  • Overall Feeling: Exhausted, slightly sunburnt, with a weird collection of souvenirs and a stomach full of questionable food. Would I do it again? Probably. Just gotta come prepared with more chili sauce and a better understanding of Batamese cuisine.

Final Word: Batam Island. It’s a place to experience, if you like chaos. Pack your tolerance for the imperfect, embrace the adventure, and get ready for a wild ride. And for goodness sake, double-check your food orders!

Escape to Paradise: Luxurious Gîte in Verdant Sauzé-Vaussais, France

Book Now

Royal Suites Studio 36th - Citra Plaza Nagoya Batam Island Indonesia

Royal Suites Studio 36th - Citra Plaza Nagoya Batam Island Indonesia

Indonesian Island Paradise: Unbelievable Royal Suite Views! (Batam) - FAQs (and My Hot Takes!)

Okay, spill the beans! Is the "Unbelievable Royal Suite View" *actually* unbelievable?

Alright, alright, I'll be honest. The brochure? Lies. Half-truths at best! Kidding...sort of. Look, the *potential* is there. The marketing team clearly had a field day. Think sprawling ocean vistas, maybe a glimpse of a tiny deserted island, right? Well...my view? First morning? Mostly construction. Yup. Giant cranes, the delightful symphony of jackhammers, and a surprisingly active flock of seagulls having a convention. Unbelievable, alright! In the 'could-n't-believe-my-luck' kind of way. But hey, on a good day, when the clouds parted and the sun hit just right? Breathtaking. Truly. Just…prepare for the potential for a slightly less-than-perfect panoramic experience. My advice? Request a room on a higher floor, FAR away from the direction of currently-active construction...or bring really good noise-canceling headphones. Seriously. Lifesaver. I'm not gonna lie, I threw a small, very silent, internal pity party the first morning. But the view *did* improve dramatically after a few days as the construction moved to another area. So, perseverance pays off, sort of.

What's the deal with Batam itself? Is it just a giant shopping mall in the sea?

Haha! That’s a pretty funny description, but not *entirely* wrong. Yes, Batam is known for its shopping, especially if you're coming from Singapore. You can get incredible deals on electronics, clothes, and all sorts of goodies. But it's more than that! It's a vibrant, bustling island with a real mix of things to see and do. You have the shopping, yes, but also gorgeous beaches, temples, delicious (and affordable!) seafood, and a bit of Indonesian charm that will slowly seep into your bones. It's not *just* malls, though. You'll also find golf courses (if that's your thing), spas, and even some seriously lush jungle areas. I, personally, loved the food stalls – the nasi goreng was *divine* – and the chance to just wander around, soak it all in. It’s a sensory overload, in the best way possible. Don’t just stick to the resorts! Get out there and explore! You won't regret it. Just…watch out for the occasional traffic jam. It’s…intense.

Food! Let's talk food. Good? Bad? Did you get *sick*? (Be honest!)

Okay, the food is a HUGE win. Seriously. Forget whatever preconceptions you have about "hotel food," and embrace the local delicacies. First off, I'm a massive foodie and the food here was incredible. I ate *everything*. Nasi goreng? Phenomenal. Satay? To die for. Fresh seafood straight from the ocean? Seriously, the best I've ever had. I particularly loved the grilled prawns, and the chili sauce... Mmm... I'm drooling just thinking about it. Did I get sick? Nope! And I *usually* do when I'm in Southeast Asia, I'm not gonna lie. I was super careful about where I ate, though. Stick to busy places, where the food is turning over quickly. The street food stalls – oh man, the street food! – were fantastic, cheap as chips, and genuinely authentic. I made a point of trying everything, and I felt like I was practically force-fed a whole new cultural experience! And the flavours! The spices! My taste buds were singing a happy tune. Just remember common sense – drink bottled water, and maybe avoid anything that looks like it's been sitting out in the sun for too long. But honestly? Eat everything. Be brave. You won't regret it. Just maybe pack some Immodium, **just in case**. You know, for peace of mind.

What's the best way to get around Batam? Taxis? Grab? Rent a scooter?

Alright, transport! This is where things get a little...chaotic. Taxis are available, but always agree on a price *before* you get in! Haggling is your friend. Grab (the Southeast Asian version of Uber/Lyft) is your best bet, honestly. Super convenient, usually cheaper, and you know the price upfront. Plus, you can avoid the whole bartering dance, which, let's be honest, can be exhausting. Scooters…tempting. The freedom! The wind in your hair! But unless you're a confident scooter rider, I'd steer clear. The traffic can be, shall we say, "enthusiastic." Plus, the roads aren't always in the best condition. So, while a scooter might *look* romantic, it might also involve several near-death experiences. Stick to Grab. Trust me. You'll save yourself a whole lot of stress and potential road rash. Unless you happen to be the most experienced scooter driver in the world. Then go for it, but please, wear a helmet!

Okay, back to THAT view. If it's not perfect, should I even bother with a Royal Suite?

This is the million-dollar question, isn’t it? Here’s my take. If you're REALLY picky about your view, and the slightest imperfection will send you into a tailspin, then...maybe not. It really depends on the hotel. However, if you snag a good deal (and you *can* find them!), and you're okay with a *potential* not-quite-perfect vista, go for it! The extra space, the luxurious amenities, the breakfast in bed... those are all pretty darn nice. And the occasional, truly breathtaking moment? Priceless. Plus, that construction? Won't be there forever. It'll be a great experience! Just manage your expectations, pack some noise-canceling headphones (I cannot stress this enough!), and perhaps try to negotiate a better room if you're not happy with your first one. And honestly, even the less-than-perfect view was, at times, beautiful. You're in Batam! You're in paradise (sort of)! Don’t let construction put a damper on your amazing time. Enjoy the experience! I would say the chance to upgrade is worth it..you might get the best view ever (or just an okay one). Either way, still fun.

Are there any "must-do" activities beyond shopping and eating?

Yes! YES! Get out of the hotel! Seriously. Go see the temples. They’re stunning. Visit a traditional Indonesian village. Take a boat trip to a nearby island. Consider a spa treatment. Seriously good ones! But the absolute MUST-DO? I'd say: Get on a sunset cruise. Seriously, you get to see the city from the water, enjoy the sunset, and have a truly romantic experience. I did one with a local tour operator, and it was *amazing*. The food, the views, the atmosphere...perfect! It was a great way to see Batam from a different perspective. It gave me a newfound appreciation for the island's beauty. It's the kind of thing you’ll be talking about for *years*. Just remember sunblock and mosquitoRest Nest Hotels

Royal Suites Studio 36th - Citra Plaza Nagoya Batam Island Indonesia

Royal Suites Studio 36th - Citra Plaza Nagoya Batam Island Indonesia

Royal Suites Studio 36th - Citra Plaza Nagoya Batam Island Indonesia

Royal Suites Studio 36th - Citra Plaza Nagoya Batam Island Indonesia