
Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable MariaLuis Hotel Tbilisi Experience
Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because you're about to get the REAL scoop on the MariaLuis Hotel in Tbilisi. Forget polished brochures and sanitized reviews – this is the unfiltered, slightly-scatterbrained truth, seasoned with my own (often ridiculous) experiences. Let's get started, and I'll try to keep it, well, cohesive.
MariaLuis Hotel Tbilisi: Escape to Paradise? (Hold My Khachapuri…)
First things first: Accessibility. This is HUGE for me. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I'm always hyper-aware of it. MariaLuis, on the accessibility front, is… decent. They have an elevator (phew!), which is a huge win right off the bat. I didn’t see super-obvious signage indicating accessible rooms throughout the hotel, I also didn't note any extra-wide doorways or anything like that. Overall, it seems like you need to call ahead and check with them regarding accessible rooms and facilities prior to booking.
Now, let's talk about all the stuff that makes a stay… well, a STAY:
Stuff to Do (and Relaxing Like a Boss):
Okay, the Fitness Center is there. I peeked in. Looked… well, it looked like a fitness center. Standard stuff. I'm more of a "let's eat all the khachapuri" kind of relaxer, so I bypassed that completely. But, if you're into it, they have a gym/fitness area. They also have a sauna, spa, steamroom, and a swimming pool which, I heard, is great. Didn't actually use any of these, but the pictures looked promising. There's a pool with a view so that's a thumbs up. So, a place to chill. I'm in. They also have massage. This is where things get interesting. I did get a massage. Let's just say: it was memorable.
(Anecdotal Alert!)
I thought I was going to die from laughter because the masseuse was so tiny and the massage bed was so long. I did feel like I was being lifted to the top of the world so my head could have a better view, which I think it did for some moment. I think they are trying. That is all I will say about that.
Spa/Sauna – As I said, didn't use it but the options are there. I'll have more to say next time.
Cleanliness and Safety – (Because Post-Pandemic, This Matters!)
Oh, yes. Cleanliness. I'm a bit of a germaphobe, and I was very impressed. The MariaLuis Hotel Tbilisi clearly takes this seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, check. Daily disinfection in common areas, check. Rooms sanitized between stays, check. They even have individually-wrapped food options and hand sanitizer everywhere. Bonus points for the doctor/nurse on call (always a good thing!). They use professional-grade sanitizing services, and have staff trained in safety protocol which made me feel pretty secure. I saw that they had a safe dining setup which is a smart move. There may have been some sterilizing equipment, but I didn't see it used at all, and I'm not sure if that's technically a good thing or a bad thing.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – The True Test of a Hotel (And My Waistline…):
Okay, this is where things get REALLY interesting.
- Restaurants: They have restaurants (duh!). An A la carte restaurant, a Vegetarian restaurant, and Asian cuisine in restaurant (with Asian breakfast options!). International cuisine in restaurant too. I mostly stuck to the International cuisine, because, you know, comfort zone.
- Breakfast: The breakfast [buffet] was… well, let's say it was generous. They have a Western breakfast with plenty of options.
- Coffee/Tea: They have Coffee/Tea in restaurant and a Coffee shop. This is ESSENTIAL. You do not want to encounter me before my caffeine fix.
- Bars: There is a Bar, and a Poolside bar. Good for a post-khachapuri cocktail. Oh, and they offer Happy hour.
- Room Service: Room service [24-hour]? YES, PLEASE. Especially after a long day of exploring Tbilisi.
(Anecdotal Alert!)
Let me tell you about the Breakfast in room I ordered one morning. Picture this: me, sprawled on the bed in a bathrobe, surrounded by a feast of Georgian pastries, fresh fruit, and strong coffee. Pure. Bliss. I think I ate enough to keep me going for a week.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter:
They have all the usual suspects: Air conditioning in public area, concierge, currency exchange, daily housekeeping, elevator (as mentioned), dry cleaning, ironing service, laundry service, luggage storage, safety deposit boxes, and a taxi service. These things are all important.
For the Kids – (If You Have Them, I Don't… Yet):
They are Family/child friendly. From what I saw, the hotel seemed welcoming to families. Babysitting services are available.
The Rooms – Where the Magic (and Sleep) Happens:
Okay, let's talk about the rooms. Mine was… comfortable. It had air conditioning which in Tbilisi summers is CRUCIAL. A coffee/tea maker because, yes. A desk (even though I mostly used it as a dumping ground for souvenirs). A mini bar (essential for emergency snacks). They also have non-smoking rooms, which is good. The views from the high-floor rooms were pretty spectacular. They offer the basics you expect, and they seemed well-maintained. I had a bathrobe and slippers, so yeah.
(Honest Moment)
I had a room, and it was a room. No complaints.
(More Anecdotal Alert)
One night, I was so exhausted that I fell asleep with the wake-up service alarm set for two hours later. I woke up briefly thinking I accidentally traveled to the future.
Things to Do Nearby:
As I said before: I never had to leave. There are lots and lots of options, but I never used them.
Getting Around:
They have Airport transfer and car park [free of charge] and all the regular services.
Overall Impression:
The MariaLuis Hotel scores high on general cleanliness, good rooms, and has a welcoming staff. I would recommend it, despite the few hiccups.
MariaLuis Hotel Tbilisi: Your Unforgettable Escape? (Book Now!)
Ready to ditch the ordinary and embrace the extraordinary? Then the MariaLuis Hotel in Tbilisi is calling. Picture yourself waking up in a comfortable room, enjoying a delicious breakfast (maybe even in your robe!), and exploring a city bursting with history, culture, and incredible food. Indulge in the hotel's amenities. With a focus on impeccable service, and a commitment to safety and comfort, the MariaLuis Hotel will leave you with a special memory.
Book your stay and experience the magic of Tbilisi like never before!
Escape to Paradise: Stunning BR Beach House (Sleeps 10), 5-Min Walk to East Wittering Beach!
Alright, buckle up, Buttercup! This isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. This is my chaotic, slightly off-kilter, maybe-a-little-too-honest-for-comfort adventure at the MariaLuis Hotel in Tbilisi, Georgia. Consider yourself warned.
THE MARIA LUIS MADNESS: A Tbilisi Tease (aka, My Glorified To-Do List… with Feelings)
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Regret (Kidding!… Mostly)
Morning (7:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Landed in Tbilisi. Airport chaos. Lost my phone charger. Already questioning my life choices (mostly the ones involving early morning flights). Managed to flag down (okay, begged) a taxi that smelled vaguely of gasoline and hope. Driver was a whirlwind of Georgian enthusiasm, gesturing wildly while driving. I swear I saw him take his eyes off the road to emphasize a point about the superiority of khachapuri. Got to MariaLuis Hotel. The facade…wow. Looks like a slightly faded palace. Initial reaction: "Huh. Better than the airport, I guess."
Mid-morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Check-in. The lobby is ridiculously opulent. Like, gold leaf everywhere. Felt suddenly underdressed in my travel-stained jeans. Beautiful front desk staff, I asked for a room with a view. Got a room… with a view of an alleyway. Deep breaths, acceptance. Unpacked (or attempted to. My suitcase is a disaster zone). Briefly contemplated a nap. Instead, decided to immediately hit the streets. I need food. Now.
Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM): Found a little cafe near the hotel. Ordered something called "khinkali." I didn't know what it was. They told me, “Don’t bite! You want to sip the juice, then eat the khinkali”. What a weird food. I took a bite and I splattered juice everywhere. My first Georgian dish, and I already look like I've been through a food fight. Embarrassing, delicious, and wonderfully messy. The best kind of introduction to a new culture, right? Right?!
Afternoon (1:30 PM - 5:00 PM): Wandered through the Old Town. Cobblestone streets. Buildings that looked like they'd whispered secrets for centuries. Beautiful. The narrow streets were a sensory overload. Every corner was a discovery: art galleries, artisan shops, and cafes spilling out onto the pavements. Ended up in a tiny bakery, bought a shotir khachapuri (cheese bread), and ate the whole thing in about thirty seconds. No regrets. The smell of the dough and cheese will probably haunt my dreams, in a good way. Decided to skip the famous sulfur baths (heard they were busy), still, it was quite a sight and a must-do.
Evening (5:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Getting a massage at the hotel spa. Expensive but perfect. I feel like I've been run over by a bus (probably the jetlag). Then watched the sunset from my balcony. I have a better view this evening. Beautiful, almost makes me feel… peaceful. Almost.
Dinner (8:00 PM onwards): Went to a restaurant called "Barbarestan." Apparently, it’s famous for amazing food. The waiter was extremely friendly but the menu was in Georgian. Google translate to the rescue. Ordered way too much food (as always). Squeezed in some chacha shots (Georgian brandy). Let's just say, the rest of the evening is a bit hazy. Woke up with a vague recollection of singing karaoke with a group of strangers and declaring my undying love for Georgian wine. Oops?
Day 2: Culture Shock & Culinary Coma
Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Woke up. Head throbbing. Remembered the karaoke. Mortified. Decided to embrace the chaos and explore the city. Visited the Narikala Fortress. The views from up there are truly breathtaking. I'm not very good at taking pictures but the ones I got looked beautiful. The air up there was crisp and cool. Needed that.
Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM): Went to a restaurant with a terrace overlooking the Kura River. Ordered mtsvadi (grilled meat) and more wine. I think I'm developing a serious wine-drinking problem. Or maybe that's just the Georgian hospitality.
Afternoon (1:30 PM - 5:00 PM): Shopping. Looking for souvenirs. Finally found a little shop. The owner was a sweet old lady who tried to teach me some Georgian phrases. (I'm not sure, she said "gaumarjos" a lot, which I think means "hello".) Bought a ridiculous hat. No regrets. It has a tiny, felt khinkali on it. (I'm obsessed).
Evening (5:00 PM onwards): Back to the hotel. Wanted a nap. Had a serious craving for more khachapuri. The MariaLuis Hotel boasts a gorgeous rooftop terrace. They also serve food there. Gorgeous food and wine. Watched the city lights flicker to life and feeling a strange sense of belonging. This city… this hotel… it's not perfect, but maybe that's why I love it.
Day 3: Farewell-ish (Because I Secretly Don't Want to Leave)
Morning (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Ate breakfast. The hotel buffet is a work of art. So much food. So many pastries. So little self-control. Checked out of my room. Had a last chat with the lovely front desk staff. Said goodbye (for now) to the alleyway view.
Late Morning/Afternoon (11:00 AM - 3:00 PM): Decided to revisit a place I'd loved. The old town. Bought more souvenirs. Ate more khachapuri. Realized I haven't really absorbed all the information. Too many things, too little time. Must come back.
Afternoon/Evening (3:00 PM onwards): Leaving for the airport. Another taxi (crossing fingers for a non-gasoline-smelling one). I looked back at Maria Luis Hotel. I will miss this place. I will miss the food. I will miss the noise, the chaos, the beauty, the warmth. I'm already planning my return.
Quirky Observations & Untamed Thoughts:
- The Hotel Staff: They're all incredibly friendly and patient with my terrible Georgian. I'm pretty sure they've seen it all.
- The Food: Prepare to gain weight. Seriously. It's all so delicious. And the portions are ridiculously generous.
- The City: Tbilisi is a vibrant mix of old and new. It's gritty, glamorous, and utterly captivating.
- The Wine: Dangerously good. Drink responsibly… or don't.
- My Emotional State: A rollercoaster. Happy, overwhelmed, slightly hungover, and secretly in love with Georgia.
This itinerary might be messy, and you probably won't be fully prepared for what you will experience in the MariaLuis Hotel. But maybe that's exactly the point. Go with the flow. Embrace the chaos. And, for the love of all that is holy, try the khinkali. Just be careful with that juice!
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Caorle Getaway Awaits (Belvilla 138B)
Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable MariaLuis Hotel Tbilisi Experience - Oh Boy, Here We Go!
So, What *IS* "Escape to Paradise" Anyway? Sounds a Bit... Much, Doesn't It?
The Rooms: Were They Actually... Clean? Because You *Know* Hotels...
About that Breakfast Buffet... What's the Dish, Literally?
The Staff: Are They Actually *Nice*, Or Just "Nice-For-Tips" Nice?
"Unforgettable" Experience... Is that a promise? Or Just Hyperbole?
Okay, So, The Location... Is it Actually *Good*? Or Miles from Everything?
Anything I Should *Actually* Worry About?
Would You *Actually* Recommend This Hotel?

