Tokyo's Hidden Gem: Villa MorE Awaits!

VILLA MorE Tokyo Japan

VILLA MorE Tokyo Japan

Tokyo's Hidden Gem: Villa MorE Awaits!

Tokyo's Hidden Gem: Villa MorE Awaits! - A Messy, Honest, and Totally Unfiltered Review

Okay, folks, buckle up. Because I've just returned from a stay at Villa MorE Awaits! in Tokyo, and let me tell you, it's a ride. Forget those picture-perfect hotel reviews you usually read; this is the real deal. We're talking warts and all, straight from the heart (and the slightly jet-lagged brain).

First Impressions: Accessibility (and My Own Clumsiness)

Look, I'm not a wheelchair user, but I am prone to tripping over air. So, accessibility is an important consideration for me, mostly so I don't end up face-planting in the lobby. Villa MorE Awaits! seems to get it. They've got an elevator, which, trust me, after a day of dodging crowds in Shinjuku, is a godsend. I spotted facilities for disabled guests too, and the overall layout felt pretty easy to navigate, which is seriously appreciated. No narrow hallways or treacherous steps here. Win!

Oh, the Internet! (And My Digital Addiction)

Alright, let's talk connectivity. Because, let's be honest, we're all glued to our phones, right? Well, Villa MorE Awaits! delivers. They shout it from the rooftops: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and they actually mean it. Internet access throughout the property is solid, and the Internet [LAN] option in the rooms is great if you're old-school like me and still prefer a wired connection. I even managed to stream a whole season of a terrible reality show without so much as a buffering hiccup. Wi-Fi in public areas was also reliable. Bottom line: you will be connected. Thank the digital gods.

Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Safe, But With a Touch of Paranoia (Thanks, 2024!)

Okay, okay, so post-pandemic, we're all a little obsessed with hygiene. Villa MorE Awaits! gets the memo. Their commitment to Cleanliness and safety is palpable. They're slathering on the Anti-viral cleaning products, doing Daily disinfection in common areas, and offering Room sanitization opt-out available. I mean, they even had Hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere. I felt like I was living in a hospital, but hey, I'd rather be safe than sorry, right? They've got Staff trained in safety protocol, which is reassuring, and a Doctor/nurse on call (thankfully didn't need them, but nice to know!). They also have CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, so you know someone's always watching. Safety first, people! They've got Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, and Security [24-hour].

And the Food! (My Stomach's Confession)

Eating in Tokyo is a religious experience. Villa MorE Awaits! understands this. The Dining, drinking, and snacking options are pretty impressive. Let's start with breakfast. I was lucky enough to experience the Asian breakfast one morning. Honestly? It was a game-changer. Forget the sad continental breakfast – think delicate miso soup, fluffy rice, grilled fish… pure bliss. And the Coffee/tea in restaurant was…well, it got me through the day.

I was seriously impressed with their Restaurants. They’ve got multiple options, with the ability to choose from Asian cuisine in Restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and even a Vegetarian restaurant. They also have a Breakfast [buffet] and A la carte in restaurant, so there's definitely something for everyone. Even a Poolside bar because who doesn't love a cocktail while watching a sunset?

**The *Food delivery* service was a godsend too! Needed some comfort noodles at 2 AM. No problem.** The Room service [24-hour] is clutch.

The Rooms: My Personal Oasis (with a Few Quibbles)

The rooms? Pretty damn good. I'd rate them excellent. The Air conditioning worked – a must in Tokyo summers. I particularly loved the Blackout curtains - seriously, they were a life-saver. After a long day of exploring Tokyo, a nap was essential. I found myself wanting to go back to have another. They even had Bathrobes, because you know. It's a luxury, and it's good.

My room had a Seating area perfect for relaxing after a long day of sightseeing. The Complimentary tea was a nice touch, but honestly, I wished they'd put in some instant coffee sachets (I am a coffee addict!). But hey, the Free bottled water was a welcome bonus. The In-room safe box was great for keeping your valuables secure, and the mini bar was a nice touch (although, let's be honest, I mostly used it for my own snacks and drinks).

There were a few niggles. The Internet access – wireless sometimes dropped out, which was annoying when I was fighting for the last room service dessert order. The Shower was a little small, but the Separate shower/bathtub layout made up for it. And seriously, the Soundproofing could have been a little better – I could slightly hear the neighbour's karaoke attempts.

Things To Do & Ways To Relax: Spa Day Dreams (and Waking Up to Reality)

Alright, let's talk about unwinding. Villa MorE Awaits! has got the chill factor dialed up. They run a Spa; with a Sauna, a Steamroom, and a Foot bath. Yes, please! I didn't get around to the Body scrub or Body wrap but maybe next time. They also boast a Swimming pool, and it has a Pool with view! The Fitness center is there, but honestly I found myself a bit more excited about the Massage. The Spa/sauna is a real draw.

Services & Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (and a Few Missing Pieces)

They've got the usual suspects: Daily housekeeping, a Concierge desk (super helpful for getting around), Laundry service, and Dry cleaning if you manage to spill ramen on your favorite shirt (guilty!). The Luggage storage was handy, considering I bought way too much stuff at the department stores (don't judge). They've got a convenience store in case you're the snack-addicted type like me.

Where they could improve: Getting Around & The Car Conundrum

Getting around is well covered, with Airport transfer and Taxi service. But here's a slight gripe: while they offer Car park [free of charge], parking in Tokyo can be a nightmare in general.

The Verdict: Should You Stay? (Spoiler: Yes! But with Caveats)

So, would I recommend Villa MorE Awaits!? Absolutely! It's not perfect (what is?), but it's a solid choice. It's got a great location, excellent amenities, and genuinely friendly staff. It's clean, safe, and provides enough options to keep you entertained (and well-fed).

BUT…

It's not a super-luxury experience. It's more like a very comfortable, well-appointed, and genuinely caring hotel. If you demand perfection, maybe look elsewhere. If you appreciate a place that tries hard and genuinely cares about their guests, go for it!

My Quirky Takeaways:

  • The vending machines in the hallways are dangerously addictive. Stock up!
  • The views from the rooftop bar are killer. Seriously, Instagram-worthy.
  • The staff were truly lovely, especially the concierge, who saved me from getting lost – again.

My Personal Recommendation (and a Special Offer!)

Here's the deal: Villa MorE Awaits! offers a fantastic base for exploring Tokyo. The location allows you to explore some truly hidden and authentic experiences that most tourists miss.

To entice you, I'd recommend taking a chance. If you book your stay…

  • "Book your stay for at least 3 nights and receive a complimentary welcome amenity. Enjoy a complimentary bottle of local sake and a curated list of my top Tokyo hidden gems (exclusive tips from a Tokyo veteran!)."

So, go on, book it. You deserve it. And tell them I sent you! (They won't know who I am, but it was worth a try.)

(Disclaimer: This review is based on my personal experience and is, therefore, subjective. Your mileage may vary. Also, I was not paid to write this, I just really enjoyed my stay and felt compelled to share everything.)

Sun, Sea, & Savings! Your Dream Costa Hollandia Escape Awaits

Book Now

VILLA MorE Tokyo Japan

VILLA MorE Tokyo Japan

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because my trip to VILLA MorE in Tokyo is about to get MESSY. This isn't some perfectly curated Instagram feed. This is the REAL DEAL. Prepare for sensory overload, existential crises, and maybe, just maybe, the best damn trip of my life.

VILLA MorE Tokyo: The Unfiltered Itinerary (or, How I Survived Tokyo and Didn't Totally Lose My Mind)

(Pre-Trip Rambling: My Brain is Already in Tokyo)

Okay, so VILLA MorE. It's supposed to be fancy. Modern. I've seen the pictures, the perfectly lit interiors, the minimalist EVERYTHING. Honestly? It intimidates the hell out of me. I'm more of a "rustic charm" kind of gal. You know, the kind that enjoys a good (and usually messy) bowl of ramen and doesn't mind a few coffee stains on her t-shirt. But hey, adventure, right? Plus, I figured if I'm going to Japan, I might as well go all in. Embrace the sleek, even if it feels like stepping into a spaceship.

(Day 1: Arrival – Jet Lag and Tears (Probably)

  • 08:00 AM (JST) – The Hellish Flight: Pray to the travel gods that my in-flight entertainment works. I've packed three books, a noise-canceling headset (essential!), and a desperate desire to not share a row with a snorer.
  • 10:00 PM (JST) – Landed (Mostly) Intact: Okay, the landing was a little bumpy. The immigration line felt like an eternity. But I'm here, baby! Tokyo Narita Airport, here I come!
  • 12:00 PM (JST) – Airport to Hotel: Figuring out the train system. Wish me luck, because I will, without a doubt, get lost.
  • 02:00 PM (JST) – Check-in at VILLA MorE: First impressions. Pray for non-judgmental staff. I’m still wearing the same clothes I wore on the plane, and the plane germs had their way with me. I hope I don’t break anything.
  • 03:00 PM (JST) – The Room: Okay. Okay. This is… minimalist. Like, seriously, where's all the stuff? It’s beautiful, but my inner hoarder is screaming.
  • 04:00 PM (JST) – A Walk to Shibuya Crossing: It’s iconic, they said. An experience, they said. Oh. My. God. The sheer volume of people… it's overwhelming. I stood there for five minutes just… staring. Then I tried to cross, and nearly got flattened. I'm pretty sure I saw a salaryman in a perfect suit trip and spill his coffee. This is Tokyo. I’m in Tokyo.
  • 06:00 PM (JST) – Dinner at a Random Izakaya: Because jet lag makes you incapable of rational choices, so I just pick the first place I see that looks remotely appealing. The food is phenomenal, even though I have no idea what I'm eating. Sake. Lots of sake. I have a feeling Day 2 will be… interesting.
  • 08:00 PM (JST) – Crash and Burn Back in Room: I am pretty sure I will sleep for 18 hours straight. I didn't realize how much effort it took to not embarrass myself constantly.

(Day 2: Culture, Ramen, and Existential Dread)

  • 09:00 AM (JST) – Wake Up (ish): Jet lag. More like jet-LAGGED. I think I dreamed in Japanese.
  • 10:00 AM (JST) – Tsukiji Outer Market: Okay, now we're talking. The energy! The smells! The… fish. So. Much. Fish. I sampled everything. Maybe a little too much.
  • 12:00 PM (JST) – Meiji Jingu Shrine: Finding some peace. Finally. The quiet… the reverence… it's what I needed after the sensory overload of the market. Seriously beautiful, and even managed to follow the proper etiquette (mostly).
  • 02:00 PM (JST) – Harajuku: Oh, Harajuku. The land of kawaii and extreme fashion! I walked through Takeshita Street, feeling simultaneously thrilled and terrified. I'm pretty sure I'm too old to pull off anything, but I bought a giant, rainbow-colored cotton candy anyway. Because, why not?
  • 04:00 PM (JST) – Ramen Quest: Time for ramen. I’ve read about a place in Shinjuku, can’t remember the name. It's supposed to be life-changing. I hope it is because I am hungry. (Note: Getting lost on the way. End up in a slightly less fancy, but equally delicious noodle shop. Accidentally order a dish with something… unique. Try to eat it anyway. Fail. Regret. Eat more noodles.)
  • 06:00 PM (JST) – Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden: Trying to escape the chaos of Shinjuku station. Stumbling on this little paradise.
  • 08:00 PM (JST) – Karaoke: Because, Tokyo. It’s a requirement. My singing voice is… questionable. My Japanese is even worse. I’m going to butcher some classic J-Pop and feel absolutely no shame. (Except maybe a little.) I think I might have bonded with a group of salarymen, and learned a few new Japanese phrases.

(Day 3: Art and the Pursuit of the Perfect Coffee)

  • 10:00 AM (JST) – Tokyo National Museum: Art! Finally managed to get some culture. I went for the ancient Japanese arts exhibition, but I kept getting distracted by the sheer artistry with the weapons.
  • 12:00 PM (JST) – Ueno Park: This park is huge. It's a welcome shot of green in the madness.
  • 01:00 PM (JST) – Lunch: I found a curry place! Delicious, even if it's not fancy.
  • 02:00 PM (JST) – Ginza: I've decided to walk around here. There's a coffee shop here, but I can't pronounce the name.
  • 03:30 PM (JST) – Coffee Shop: Okay, so it was a small, tiny hole in the wall, but the coffee was amazing.
  • 04:00 PM (JST) – Back to the Hotel: I need a nap.

(Day 4: Shopping and Saying Goodbye (For Now…))

  • 10:00 AM (JST) – Last-Minute Souvenir Shopping: Tokyo Station. So. Many. People.
  • 12:00 PM (JST) – Lunch (Ramen, Again): The perfect way to say goodbye.
  • 02:00 PM (JST) – Packing and Feeling the Feels: I'm gonna miss this place. Even the overwhelming parts.
  • 03:00 PM (JST) – Airport Chaos: Pray. Pray. Pray.
  • 06:00 PM (JST) – Flight Home: The long flight. The memories. The promise to come back.

(Post-Trip Musings:

So, VILLA MorE? It turned out to be the perfect blend of fancy and chill. I appreciated the modern aesthetics (once I got over my initial intimidation), the comfortable bed, and the fact that the staff never judged my jet-lagged, ramen-stained existence. But honestly, the best parts of the trip weren't in the luxury. They were the accidental ramen shops, the moments of connection with strangers, the feeling of getting completely and utterly lost in a new culture.

Tokyo, you magnificent, chaotic, beautiful beast. I’ll be back. And next time… I’m bringing a bigger suitcase for all the ramen. And maybe a translator for the karaoke. And possibly a therapist to deal with the existential dread. But maybe not. Maybe it's the chaos that makes it so good.

Until next time, Tokyo. Until next time.

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Houseboat Awaits in Stralsund, Germany!

Book Now

VILLA MorE Tokyo Japan

VILLA MorE Tokyo Japan

Villa MorE Awaits: The REAL Deal (and the Occasional Headache)

Okay, 'Hidden Gem' – Seriously? Is Villa MorE Actually *Worth* the Hype?

Alright, let's be real. The "hidden gem" label? Overused. BUT... I'm gonna say, *yes*. Villa MorE-ish *is* worth it. Mostly. Look, Tokyo throws a LOT at you. Neon lights, crowds, ramen so good you could cry... Villa MorE? It's this little pocket of… peace. Mostly. Think hushed wooden floors, maybe a cat casually strolling by (depending on your luck), that classic, *breathtaking* view of the city, but like, *from* a different angle, you know? The kind that makes you wanna journal or something. Which I never actually *do*, but y'know… the *feeling* is there.

Okay, *sometimes* the "peace" is punctuated by the neighbor's karaoke. Seriously, they've got a *thing* for '80s J-Pop. But even that? Somehow, it adds to the charm. Maybe. I’m still on the fence.

So, Location, Location, Location? Spill the Tea! Where *Exactly* is This Place?

Deep breath. Okay, the location is… "off the beaten path," as travel bloggers like to say. Which, translates to "prepare to wander." They’re not going to give you the exact GPS coordinates on the official website (probably for a reason). It's not in Shibuya, or Shinjuku, or anywhere you're likely to trip over. You’ll be thankful for it after a few days of the madness. It’s in a quieter, more residential area. Getting there involves train transfers, maybe a bus, a little hike… it's an *adventure*. I remember getting lost the first time... I asked for directions, and the lady just gave me the most *confused* look, pointed vaguely downhill, and mumbled something in Japanese. It was… a bonding experience? Involuntarily? Kinda.

On the upside, it forces you to actually *experience* the city beyond the popular tourist traps. You find cool little cafes serving some crazy good Matcha, you see the *real* Tokyo life… oh, and the Google Maps offline feature is your *best* friend. Seriously, download those maps *before* you go. Trust me.

The View! Everyone Raves About the View! Tell me *everything*!

Ugh. The view. The view is… *ridiculous*. Okay? Prepare to have your jaw drop. Seriously. It's one of those things you see and you instantly get that feeling; "I'm *glad* I endured the train ride and the vaguely judgmental looks from the locals who clearly *knew* I was lost." From there you see the city and the mountains which you see it from a better perspective, as far as the eye can see, you’ll be taking at least 100 photos. The sunset is particularly *insane*. I’m not a sunset person, usually. I’m more of a "wake up at noon and eat snacks" person. But even *I* sat there, mesmerized, for like… a whole hour. I even considered journaling. Briefly. Then I ordered more beer.

Just… be prepared to fight for your viewing spot. The roof terrace can get crowded, especially at sunset. I suggest bringing a good book (you'll probably not read it, but it'll ward off the over-enthusiastic Instagrammers). Or find a quiet corner and pretend you are deep in thought.

Alright, Room Details. What's the Setup Like? Comfortable? Cramped? Like Sleeping in a Shoe?

The rooms… well, they're *Japanese*. Translation: space is a premium. Don't expect a sprawling suite, okay? You're not staying at the Ritz (thankfully, because I can't afford the Ritz.) The rooms are minimalist, clean, and functional. You get your futon (comfy, thankfully, not a rock-hard torture device). The bathroom... might be cozy. And the walls? Thin. Like, *really* thin. I think I could hear the guy next door brushing his teeth. Which was... disturbing.

But, honestly? It’s part of the charm. It's an authentic experience. It's a reminder that you're *in* Japan, not some generic, cookie-cutter hotel room. Accept that you’ll probably bump into things. Embrace the space-saving ingenuity (those tiny folding tables!). And for the love of all that is holy, bring earplugs. Seriously.

Is there Wi-Fi? Because, you know, *social media*.

Yes, thankfully. Wi-Fi is available. Thank goodness! I mean, how else would I share all those *amazing* sunset photos? It’s not the *fastest* Wi-Fi, I'll be honest. Don’t plan on streaming HD movies. But it's enough to check emails, stalk your friends on Instagram, and send a quick "wish you were here" message to your mom. Who, incidentally, *did* wish she was there. And then started asking questions about the safety of the area which resulted in a long, drawn-out conversation.

But really, put your phone down. Look around. Be present. (Says the girl who took approximately 500 photos.) Just…balance it, okay? Find the balance. I’m still working on it, myself.

Food! Food is Important. What's the Deal?

Okay, here’s where Villa MorE is a *bit* of a let-down, if I’m honest. There's no on-site restaurant. Don't expect a breakfast buffet. Not even a continental one... they don't offer that there. You're on your own. Which is, on the one hand, a bummer. On the other? It forces you to explore the *amazing* local food scene. It’s a silver lining; every cloud has one, right?

There are probably some vending machines and some convenience stores nearby (the ubiquitous 7-Eleven is your friend, trust me). Be prepared to stock up on snacks and possibly learn some basic Japanese phrases for ordering food at local restaurants. I managed to say "Arigato" (thank you) and "Soba" (noodle) relatively fluently. It was the most satisfying meal of my life, after that.

Is it Kid-Friendly? Specifically, Can I bring my screaming toddler and expect a happy stay?

*Deep breaths*. Kid-friendly? Technically, yes. But… think long and hard about it. I’d say it kind of depends on your kid, and your tolerance for potential glares from your fellow guests. There are a lot of stairs, and not much in the way of kidUrban Hotel Search

VILLA MorE Tokyo Japan

VILLA MorE Tokyo Japan

VILLA MorE Tokyo Japan

VILLA MorE Tokyo Japan