
Phitsanulok's Hidden Gem: The Park Hotel—Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!
Phitsanulok's Hidden Gem: The Park Hotel—Unbelievable Luxury Awaits! (And a Few Minor Snags!)
Okay, friends, buckle up. I've just gotten back from a whirlwind trip to Phitsanulok, and let me tell you, my stay at The Park Hotel was… well, something. Let's just say “unbelievable luxury” is mostly accurate. But before you go rushing to book (and you absolutely should, with a few caveats!), let me spill the tea, the coffee, and maybe a little bit of my over-excited Thai iced tea on your keyboard.
(SEO Keyword Soup Alert: Phitsanulok Hotel, The Park Hotel, Luxury Hotel, Phitsanulok Accommodation, Accessibility, Spa, Pool, Restaurant, Wi-Fi, Safety, Cleanliness, Family Friendly, Things to Do Phitsanulok)
First Impressions (And a Near-Miss with a Tuk-Tuk):
Getting to The Park Hotel was a little adventure in itself. Phitsanulok is… let's say charmingly chaotic. Finding a taxi was surprisingly easy, and they offered Airport transfer, which, after a long flight, was a lifesaver. They have Car park [on-site] and Car park [free of charge], which I appreciated, because, let's be real, parking in a new city is the WORST. Note to self: learn basic Thai phrases before your next trip!
Upon arrival, the Doorman greeted me with a smile that was… well, slightly less enthusiastic than you’d expect for a place billing itself as luxurious. But hey, it was early, and I'd been traveling all night. The Front desk [24-hour] staff, thankfully, were much more welcoming and efficient. Check-in/out [express] and Contactless check-in/out options were available, which I thought was a HUGE plus in these post-pandemic times.
Accessibility – Almost There, But Not Quite Perfect:
Okay, this is where things get a little… interesting. The Park Hotel says they have Facilities for disabled guests, and they do have an Elevator, which is a good start. However, navigating the hotel with mobility issues felt… a tad challenging in places. I’m not in a wheelchair, but I noticed narrow doorways in some areas, and the ramps, while present, weren't always perfectly smooth. More work is needed to truly earn the title of 'accessible hotel'.
Rooms – The Good, The Bad, and The Bathrobes:
My room? Spectacular. Okay, maybe more accurately, mostly spectacular. The Air conditioning blasted perfectly (a MUST in Thailand!), and the Blackout curtains were godsends for sleeping off jet lag. The Extra long bed was heavenly. I'm a tall girl, and this was amazing! They had Air conditioning and Additional toilet! The Bathtub was HUGE and the Separate shower/bathtub was a nice touch.
The Free bottled water was a welcome sight after the flight, and the Mini bar was well-stocked (though a wee bit overpriced – but hey, that's hotel life!). I loved the Bathrobes and Slippers, which gave the whole place a really luxury feel. The Complimentary tea and Coffee/tea maker meant I could get my caffeine fix without leaving my little haven. Oh, and YES, the Wi-Fi [free] worked like a dream. The Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN were both available.
Now, the hiccups: First, the room décor felt a little dated – think "elegant grandma's apartment" rather than sleek modern. Second, I swear that Alarm clock was possessed. It went off at 3 AM on its own (probably plotting world domination). Third – and this is minor but annoying – the Mirror in the bathroom was positioned at a weird angle, making applying makeup a total guessing game.
(Side note: I saw they have Non-smoking rooms, which is great, but apparently, there's a Smoking area somewhere on the property. Fine, but I wish they'd kept it far away from my luxurious slumber!)
Cleanliness and Hygiene – They REALLY Care:
This is where The Park Hotel REALLY shines. From the moment you walk in, you can tell they take hygiene seriously. There was Hand sanitizer everywhere. They use Anti-viral cleaning products, and they do Daily disinfection in common areas. My room was spotless, and the Rooms sanitized between stays made me feel genuinely safe. They even have Professional-grade sanitizing services and you can opt out of Room sanitization opt-out available. And the staff? Staff trained in safety protocol. Honestly, I felt safer here than I do at my own house!
Dining, Drinking, and That Ridiculously Good Pad Thai:
Okay, this is where things get delicious. The hotel has a range of dining options. The Restaurants, with a couple of places that offer Asian cuisine in restaurant and International cuisine in restaurant. The Breakfast [buffet] was seriously impressive. The Asian breakfast was excellent if you want a little of the local flavor! The Coffee/tea in restaurant was good, and the Vegetarian restaurant offering was a nice option. There’s also a Poolside bar, and they offer Happy hour specials. The A la carte in restaurant and Buffet in restaurant give a very good array of food options.
I made a beeline for the Pad Thai, which was… chef's kiss. Seriously, the best I've ever had. The Coffee shop was great for a mid-afternoon iced coffee (essential in Thailand!). I didn't try the Snack bar, or the Soup in restaurant, but I heard good things. They had Desserts in restaurant, and the Bottle of water was free (a nice touch!).
Ways to Relax – Spas, Pools, and Bliss:
This is where the "unbelievable luxury" really kicked in. The Swimming pool was gorgeous, with Pool with view. And the Swimming pool [outdoor] was crystal clear. The Spa/sauna offered a range of treatments. I treated myself to a massage, and it was pure heaven. Honestly, I got so relaxed, I can't even remember what kind of massage it was – just that it involved a lot of oil and a state of near-bliss. The Body scrub and Body wrap options looked tempting, but I was on a mission to solely relax! The Foot bath was amazing. They also have a Steamroom.
They seemed to have a Gym/fitness place, so I assume a Fitness center was around. I meant to go, but… Pad Thai called.
Services and Conveniences – They’ve Thought of Everything:
The Park Hotel offers a plethora of services. They had Cash withdrawal, a Concierge, and Currency exchange. There’s Dry cleaning, Ironing service, and Laundry service. They also have Luggage storage, which was super helpful on check-out day. The Daily housekeeping was impeccable. They even have a Convenience store (for those late-night snack cravings). I didn't use it, but they offer Food delivery and Babysitting service for the For the kids!
Things to Do – Beyond the Hotel Walls:
While the hotel itself is pretty amazing, you're in Phitsanulok! Explore! There’s a Shrine nearby (definitely worth a visit!), and they can arrange Taxis service. I didn’t use the hotel’s Bike Parking, but good to know it’s available.
For the Kids:
They have amenities. They're Family/child friendly with Kids facilities, and a Kids meal available!
Business, Meetings and Events
The hotel offers Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, and Meeting/banquet facilities. You can host Meetings with Meeting stationery, and do Seminars. They have Indoor venue for special events and possibly some kind of Outdoor venue for special events, but I wasn't there for a convention, so I am unsure.
The Verdict – Book it! (But Manage Your Expectations Slightly):
Okay, so The Park Hotel isn't perfect. There are a few minor quirks, areas where they could improve accessibility, and a few little design choices that made me chuckle. But overall? ABSOLUTELY BOOK IT!
It's clean, safe, the staff are lovely, the food is incredible, and the spa is a dream. It's a true oasis in the heart of Phitsanulok, and for the price, it offers incredible value.
My Final, Very Opinionated Rating: 8.5/10 (Would definitely return… after I memorize a few more Thai phrases!)
The Park Hotel: Your Unforgettable Phitsanulok Escape – Book Now!
**Here'
Luxury Redefined: Escape to Excel Oriental Hotel, Lagos
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because you're about to take a messy, emotional, slightly-off-kilter trip with me to the… checks notes …Park Hotel Phitsanulok, Thailand. Don't expect a perfectly polished travel blog. This is your unfiltered, slightly caffeinated, and definitely-prone-to-tangents travel diary.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Mosquito Massacre of '23
Morning (Approx. 10:00 AM): Arrived in Phitsanulok! The airport was… well, it was an airport. No red carpets, no fanfare. Just a very polite lady offering me a bottle of water and a taxi driver who spoke about as much English as my cat. We eventually sorted it out, mostly through frantic hand gestures and Google Translate. The ride to the Park Hotel… honestly, I can’t remember much. The aircon in the taxi was blasting, which meant I was already halfway to a nap, and Thailand's vibrant street life was whizzing past in a blur.
Afternoon (1:00 PM): Check-in. The Park Hotel is… fine. Clean, functional, polite staff. My room? A perfectly average rectangle with a bed, a TV, and a suspiciously large mosquito net. foreshadowing intensifies I unpacked, which basically involved chucking my suitcase onto the bed and hoping for the best. The heat hit me like a warm, damp slap in the face. Welcome to Thailand, indeed.
Afternoon (3:00 PM): Attempted to explore. The hotel is strategically located, so… I set out… felt like a brave explorer, ready to conquer the local sights! But… almost immediately, I was overwhelmed. The smells! The sounds! The sheer thrum of the city! I got about a block before my inner (and outer) voice screamed, “Nope!” Retreated to the hotel, vowing to try again later.
Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Food was… okay. Nothing to write home about, but hey, I'm not complaining. (Yet.) And as I sat there, attempting to decipher Pad Gra Pao Moo, I noticed it: The Mosquito Army. They were everywhere. Tiny, buzzing instruments of nighttime torture. I swear one landed on my plate and gave me a knowing look. I spent the rest of the meal swatting and muttering under my breath. The start of a tragic love affair.
Night (9:00 PM - onwards): The Great Mosquito Massacre. I’d read about the mosquito net. I’d seen the mosquito net. I thought I was prepared. I WAS NOT. After a long, arduous battle with the mosquito, I thought I was safe under the mosquito. No! Not at all. They just kept flying in, and even got themselves under mosquito nets. My sleep consisted of a series of fitful naps punctuated by frantic swatting, scratching, and the increasingly desperate feeling that I was losing the war. I'm pretty sure I woke up at least five times with a fresh bite. I hate them. I swear, I spent more time fighting them than I did sleeping. This is NOT how I envisioned my vacation.
Day 2: Temples, Taxis, and… More Mosquitoes.
Morning (8:00 AM): Woke up feeling like I'd been battling a small, winged army all night. My legs itched, my mood was… let’s just say fragile. The hotel breakfast buffet, usually a cause for celebration, felt like a cruel joke. I ate enough to keep me from completely collapsing, but I had no appetite.
Morning (10:00 AM): Braved the heat and ventured out again! This time with a mission: Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat Woramahawihan (or Wat Yai), a major temple. The place was stunning. Seriously. The golden Buddha statue was breathtaking, and the intricate detail of the architecture was mind-blowing. I spent a couple of hours wandering around, trying to take it all in. I lit some incense, said a little prayer (mostly for the mosquitoes to leave me alone). I felt… surprisingly peaceful.
Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch at a local restaurant, recommended by the (very patient) hotel staff. The food was incredible! Spicy, flavorful, and I’m pretty sure I sweated out half my body weight. But it was worth it. I'm not sure what I ate, but it was delicious.
Afternoon (3:00 PM): Navigating the city (and the language barrier!). Taxis were a gamble. Sometimes they understood where I wanted to go. Sometimes they took me on a scenic tour of the backstreets. It was all part of the adventure, I guess. Or so I told myself, while I was hanging on for dear life.
Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner back at the hotel. Cautiously optimistic about the mosquito situation. Plunged down on the Pad Gra Pao Moo which made me feel much better. That night, I tried my best to be prepared. But I still felt like being eaten alive.
Night (9:00 PM - onwards): Well, the mosquito battle? Still raging. Swatting, scratching, cursing under my breath. I’m starting to suspect they’re using some kind of advanced mosquito technology to evade my attacks. Maybe they're just naturally drawn to me.
Day 3: The River, Relief, and a Final Farewell to sanity.
Morning (9:00 AM): Seriously, I haven't slept. Despite the mosquito net, this is the most hostile trip I've ever taken. I'm starting to look like a dotted map of Thailand.
Morning (10:00 AM): Today I went for a long boat ride on the Nan River, which was a true highlight. It was the perfect antidote to the buzz of the city. I felt the breeze on my face and watched the world go by. At some point, a new wave of tourists showed up. I spent 4 seconds with them and thought "that's it."
Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch, again, was amazing. My favorite local place. This time, I ate more.
Afternoon (3:00 PM): I booked a massage. Thank you, for this. The best thing I've done in two days. It was incredible. I really loved the feeling. Ahhhhhhh.
Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner at the hotel, or somewhere local, I wasn't sure. I didn't care.
Night (9:00 PM - onwards): Oh. No. Still. Mosquitoes. Again.
Reflections:
Phitsanulok? It's a city of contrasts. Beautiful temples and sweltering heat. Delicious food and… the Mosquito Apocalypse. It's a place that challenges you, frustrates you, and maybe even, in fleeting moments, charms you. I’ve learned a valuable lesson on this trip: Pack extra mosquito repellent. And maybe invest in a full-body suit of armor.
Would I go back? Hmmm… pause Maybe. After a good long nap. And after the mosquito war is officially over.
Unbelievable Spain Villa Escape: Belvilla by OYO in Valencina de la Concepción!
Phitsanulok's Hidden Gem: The Park Hotel – Seriously, is this real life?!
Okay, first things first: Is The Park Hotel *actually* luxurious, or is that just marketing hype?
Alright, so, look. I’m a jaded traveler, seen a lot of hotels, and half the time "luxury" means a slightly fluffier towel. But The Park Hotel? Yeah, it's the real deal. We're talking *serious* luxury. I walked into the lobby, and my jaw nearly hit the marble floor. It wasn't just plush; it was like, "Oh, I'm clearly way too underdressed for this." The staff… well, they *knew* what they were doing. Courteous, helpful, and not in that fake, overly-polished way. They just… *got* it. This isn't just a hotel; it's an experience.
I mean, you’ll walk in and immediately feel like you’ve accidentally stumbled into a film set for a James Bond movie. Actually, maybe a Bond villain's lair. And that's a compliment, by the way. Everything is just... *impeccable*.
What kind of rooms are we talking about? Are there… actual bathtubs? (Asking for a friend... who is me.)
Bathtubs? Honey, let me tell you about the *bathroom*. Forget a bathtub; it's practically a spa sanctuary. HUGE soaking tubs, maybe even jacuzzi style, sparkling clean. Every. Single. Thing. My friend, you can practically swim in these things! And the amenities? Oh, the amenities. Think high-end soaps that smell like heaven, ridiculously soft towels, and enough space to do yoga. I literally spent an hour just *admiring* the bathroom. No judgment, alright? We all have our quirks.
My room also had a balcony with a view of... well, something lovely. Maybe the city. Maybe the pool. Honestly, I was still recovering from the bathroom explosion of joy I'd experienced. I barely left the room the entire first day!
The food! Tell me about the food. Is it as good as the internet says? Because the internet is so often wrong.
Okay, so I am very picky when it comes to food, especially breakfast. And listen... the breakfast buffet? I may or may not have done a little happy dance in front of the omelet station. The variety! The quality! Everything was fresh, delicious, and beautifully presented. I piled my plate precariously high with everything from fresh fruit and pastries to Thai delicacies. I even tried something I'd never seen before and, blessedly, didn’t hate it!
The dinner restaurant, I forget the name. I was too busy stuffing my face to think. The pad thai was perfection. Seriously. I'm still dreaming about it. And the service? Impeccable. It felt like everyone knew my name, and they anticipated my every need. A little *too* attentive perhaps. They refill your glass the MOMENT it's empty. It's almost like they're wizards. And the desserts! Oh, the desserts! I probably need to apologize to my jeans.
What's the deal with the pool? Is it Instagram-worthy? Because let's be honest, that’s important.
Oh, the pool. The pool! Okay, yes. It’s definitely Instagram-worthy. Even *I*, a person who considers selfies a personal attack, took pictures. The pool is sparkling blue, surrounded by lush greenery, and it’s just… idyllic. There was barely anyone there! I spent a whole afternoon lounging on a sunbed, reading a book, and feeling like I was the only person on Earth.
They also have a swim-up bar. Which, let’s be honest, is a game-changer. Cocktail by the pool? Yes, please! I may have stayed a little too long and ended up slightly sunburnt and incredibly relaxed. Worth it.
Anything I should be aware of before I book? Any downsides? Are there any ghosts?
Alright, the downsides... well, you might not want to leave. Seriously. I spent the entire stay trying to figure out how to become a permanent resident. The cost? It's more expensive than your average Phitsanulok hotel. But, and this is a big but, it's worth it. You're paying for an experience, not just a room.
Maybe the only "downside" is that I couldn't possibly afford the lifetime membership I was suddenly craving. The hotel is a little outside the very center of the city. Walking, or a quick Tuk-Tuk ride, is necessary. But hey, that's not the end of the world.
And ghosts? No idea. Never saw one. But I was too busy basking in luxuriousness to notice any spectral shenanigans. But, if you *do* see a ghost, let me know. That’s a story I can get behind.
Okay, you've convinced me. But, like, what's the BEST thing about The Park Hotel? What made you rave about it?
Okay, this is going to get a little…gushy. The *best* thing? It's the feeling it gives you. The feeling of being utterly pampered, of being cared for, of escaping the everyday chaos. It’s the moment you step in and you’re instantly transported. It’s just… a break from reality.
Okay, I’m getting emotional. But there was one instance in particular. One night, I was lounging in my insanely comfy bed and realized I forgot to pack my phone charger. Panicked (I’m addicted to Insta, alright?), I called the front desk. Within five minutes, a staff member was at my door with a charger, apologizing profusely for the inconvenience. It’s those little things, that genuinely care, that made the experience so special. It’s the kind of attention that makes you forget about *everything*! Seriously, it's the attention to detail. They’ve got you feeling like royalty.
So yeah. Book it. Seriously. Go. Right now! Stop reading this and just book it!

